Sign in to follow this  
snyderman

If you were Chris Perry next?

Would you 1) fight (it'd be awesome if later down the line he fought Johny Hendricks) 2) Coach like brother Mark (and would you coach at Illinois or Okey State or elsewhere)? Or 3) Compete to try to make the world/Olympic team?

To me this young man seems well suited for all three so I'm curious what others think?

I would probably do 2 and 3 at the same time.

I was really impressed with how he looked in the finals and it made me wonder if he performed a lot better after so much time between the weigh-in and the match. If he performs that well with recovery time then maybe he will do well with the day before weigh-ins. I would like to see him competing in some more events.

I would probably do 2 and 3 at the same time.

I was really impressed with how he looked in the finals and it made me wonder if he performed a lot better after so much time between the weigh-in and the match. If he performs that well with recovery time then maybe he will do well with the day before weigh-ins. I would like to see him competing in some more events.

Maybe if he had a weight class the 24 hours discussion would hold some water. I can't see his frame holding over 200lbs of good weight that would be necessary for 86kg. I also can't see him making 163 and competing well.

Perry is an excellent, and surprisingly high-scoring, freestyles. As mentioned he is probably too small for 86. I know there was a lot if support for an 80 weight like they have in Greco, I hope Fila institutes one sure and Perry probably does too.

Perry is an excellent, and surprisingly high-scoring, freestyles. As mentioned he is probably too small for 86. I know there was a lot if support for an 80 weight like they have in Greco, I hope Fila institutes one sure and Perry probably does too.

Dziedzic mentioned the choice of weight classes were really political. He said 80 kg was on the table but pulled at las moment (maybe in exchange for 70 I don't know) and that he thinks it might be an option in the future. I feel that if there wasn't a really popular 74 kg champion around that weight would have been shifted up to 76 or so.

Likewise Greco badly needs a 55ish (and college a 210 or 220).

Dziedzic mentioned the choice of weight classes were really political. He said 80 kg was on the table but pulled at las moment (maybe in exchange for 70 I don't know) and that he thinks it might be an option in the future. I feel that if there wasn't a really popular 74 kg champion around that weight would have been shifted up to 76 or so.

Likewise Greco badly needs a 55ish (and college a 210 or 220).

I don't recall him ever saying 80 kg was on the table. It's just that a gap in the weights was specifically made for it (or maybe 79?), by bumping 84 kg up -- then the gap was never filled.

I already told y'all he has a future in bull riding. Question though....do they call stalling in bull riding? That might hamper his chances.

At least the bull will move a lot more than Howe did on bottom.

Please tell us the name of that move Howe kept doing. The mat eater?

I see Askren wrote another post about coaching changes Ok State should make. He recommended that they should bring on Chris Perry as head with Nelson and Delgado as assistants.

I already told y'all he has a future in bull riding. Question though....do they call stalling in bull riding? That might hamper his chances.

At least the bull will move a lot more than Howe did on bottom.

Please tell us the name of that move Howe kept doing. The mat eater?

I would like to see how well you move on bottom when someone is clamped down on you with the side headlock move and both boots in!

Who cares what we might do if we were him? What's interesting is what he himself might do. He specifically answered the MMA question weeks before NCAAs by stating, "that's not for me." Based on interviews throughout the year and after his big win, it sure sounds to me like he is going to make a run at freestyle, and probably soon. He certainly has the talent to be a legit contender for a spot on the national team.