Sign in to follow this  
BAC

PA's 17 All-Americans

Has any state (including PA) ever produced more D1 All-Americans than PA had this year -- 17?

I'm not sure if anyone has. Not without going way, WAY back.

On a "good" year, the state with the highest number of All-Americans (usually PA, but not always) typically has around 11-13, and on a "bad" year its usually more in the 9-10 range. If memory serves, PA has gone over 13 only a couple times, including once recently, and I think PA had 16 once in the 1980s.

But I've never heard of a state producing 17.

Is that a new record -- at least since they started giving All-American status to the top 8 placers?

Let's try not to talk about these things boys. I mean... I kinda like NJWC. I don't really want to drive him crazy with this... :D

so what you are saying is; that we shouldn't point out that a combined nj/pa total gets just past the total in 1987?

I follow Iowa HS wrestling exclusively and follow national freestyle scene pretty close; but not other states as much.

I find it pretty interesting when you all post about PA states. Pretty incredible depth and fun to follow back some of the PA state brackets.Incredible depth

Let's try not to talk about these things boys. I mean... I kinda like NJWC. I don't really want to drive him crazy with this... :D

so what you are saying is; that we shouldn't point out that a combined nj/pa total gets just past the total in 1987?

LOL

Lol, you're my favorite PA fan (not that that is saying much :D ).

17 in one year is incredible. I'm not sure what the record for NJ is, I'm assuming in the neighborhood of 10. I know they've won 3-4 NCs in a season in the past.

Hey, I'm new to this forum, is NJWC an acronym for any of these?

-New Jersey Whiners Club

-New Jersey Wrestlers are Clownfish*

-New Jersey Womens Club

-New Jersey Was Close

-New Jersey Was Competing

-New Jersey......Who Cares

-No Jersey Wresting Champs

Or is future tense for like?

-New Jersey Won't Compete

-New Jersey Will Choke

any of those close?

"Has any state (including PA) ever produced more D1 All-Americans than PA had this year -- 17?"

Good question. Not Ohio, which has 12 as it's highest. If it has been topped, I would be looking at Oklahoma's or Iowa's earlier years.

Strictly guessing.