Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Would you rather be Oklahoma State or Minnesota?

You forgot to add team champions to Minnesota.

I'd take Oklahoma's weather though.

Yeah, I'd kill to be the dual team champs. Definitely.

I'd rather be OSU. Individual championships definitely make up for not being the team champs. Minnesota must have a bad taste in their mouth after being so close, too.

Only for this year; not looking toward the future.

Dec 8, 2013:

MN 16

OkSU 15

Mar 20-22, 2014:

MN 104 points, 2nd place

OkSU 96.5 points, 3rd place

Minnesota for sure. Snows more consistently and less tornadoes. In the end that is what matters most. Also, don't forget the J Rob Intensive Camp commercials......

i would expect each individual would want to go the the program that produces the best individuals opposed to the most balanced team.

I'd expect them to want to go to the team that produces the best individuals compared to where they were ranked as recruits. A coach that can turn a guy ranked 200th into an AA is worth a lot more than can get an AA finish out of somebody ranked in the top 5.

I think a case could be made for Edinboro also as a case for those who are in search of maximizing potential.

I will say that 2nd tier recruits have more room to improve. Quite often the top recruits have had advantages along the way to reach the pinnicle of HS wrestling and need to have the right coach and the right motivation to continue to stay on top!

Really? We need to cut on the JRob camps. I have sent many young kids there that came back absolutely loving wrestling. His college guys get to work out and make good money as well. You can be an Okie St. fan but don't be an idiot.

B1G vs Big12-4+2

14 teams vs 4

Both had great tournaments. One needed just a few more points. The other may have needed another placer or two. Unless I knew Smith would make me champion as opposed to "just" an AA I'd chose Minny. Two Cowboys may justifiably feel different but the other eight were third and ten Gophers can say they were second, and a close second.

Only for this year; not looking toward the future.

OSU - 2 champions, 4 finalists, 3rd place overall, 4 All-Americans

Minnesota - 0 champions, 2 finalists, 2nd place overall, 7 All-Americans

OSU had 5 All-Americans. Marsden took 8th