Sign in to follow this  
BuckyBadger

Kendric Maple

Like my old coach used to say "those other guys are on scholarship too". You don't run into many fish in D1, and it doesn't take much to go from the best to a little less, to middle of the pack.

The guy had a great college career, it's not so easy to just show up and beat a bunch of top guys over three days.

We appreciate all of you that have genuine questions and concerns about Kendric, so we’ll share some information with you. In fairness to the opponents that defeated him, we continue to extend our congratulations.

Kendric began vomiting before matches at the end of last season, which some related to nerves. Unknown to all but a few, this continued on occasion throughout the summer. At the beginning of this season the condition progressively worsened to the point where it occurred before and after matches as well as practices. Not until a dual in Jan. did Coach Cody hear Kendric before one of his matches. According to Cody, he heard someone vomiting about 8 minutes. As we know, ‘tough wrestlers’ go out and perform. After the match Kendric went back to the locker room and continued. Cody scheduled an appointment for Kendric and a procedure was done. He was diagnosed with a curable condition (we hope the diagnosis is accurate), however Kendric is allergic to the standard prescribed medication. His condition improved but did not totally resolve. He still was/is unable to eat much or hold down food. It’s been interesting over the years to hear comments about Kendric’s size. His max weight as a freshman was around 148 (off season), RS Jr. year 155. Last summer he tipped the scale at 160 for 1 week. The reason I add this is because before Big 12’s last year, he decided he wanted to bulk up for his Sr. year. The diagnosed condition prevented him from doing so. On Monday before the NCAA’s, Kendric weighed a whopping 145#. He was able to get up to 151#, but during the NCAA tournament, while others were eating and gaining weight, his was dropping. By the 7th place match he was 144.8… That’s the condensed version.

Kendric, like other wrestlers have battles to overcome. Most do it with grace and determination. We applaud them all!!

We appreciate all of you that have genuine questions and concerns about Kendric, so we’ll share some information with you. In fairness to the opponents that defeated him, they put in the work and we continue to extend our congratulations.

Kendric began vomiting before matches at the end of last season, which some related to nerves. Unknown to all but a few, this continued on occasion throughout the summer. At the beginning of this season the condition progressively worsened to the point where it occurred before and after matches as well as practices. Not until a dual in Jan. did Coach Cody hear Kendric before one of his matches. According to Cody, he heard someone vomiting about 8 minutes. As we know, ‘tough wrestlers’ go out and perform. After the match Kendric went back to the locker room and continued. Cody scheduled an appointment for Kendric and a procedure was done. He was diagnosed with a curable condition (we hope the diagnosis is accurate), however Kendric is allergic to the standard prescribed medication. His condition improved but did not totally resolve. He still was/is unable to eat much or hold down food. It’s been interesting over the years to hear comments about Kendric’s size. His max weight as a freshman was around 148 lbs (off season), RS Jr. year 155 lbs. Last summer he tipped the scale at 160 lbs for 1 week. The reason I add this is because before Big 12’s last year, he decided he wanted to bulk up for his Sr. year. The diagnosed condition prevented him from doing so. On Monday before the NCAA’s, Kendric weighed 145 lbs. He was able to get up to 151 lbs., but during the NCAA tournament, while others were eating and gaining weight, his was dropping. By the 7th place match he was 144.8 lbs… That’s the condensed version.

Kendric, like other wrestlers, have battles to overcome. Most do it with grace, determination, and no outside understanding. That’s what makes them special. We applaud them all! BHF

I had an opportunity to sit by the future Mrs. Maple at a tourney a couple of years ago. I also got to see how she responded when a group of fans also sitting close cheered against Maple. A very classy young lady and at the risk of sounding like Brent Musberger she is extremely good looking. Congratulations Kendrick Maple on a great career.

I had an opportunity to sit by the future Mrs. Maple at a tourney a couple of years ago. I also got to see how she responded when a group of fans also sitting close cheered against Maple. A very classy young lady and at the risk of sounding like Brent Musberger she is extremely good looking. Congratulations Kendrick Maple on a great career.

We appreciate all of you that have genuine questions and concerns about Kendric, so we’ll share some information with you. In fairness to the opponents that defeated him, they put in the work and we continue to extend our congratulations.

Kendric began vomiting before matches at the end of last season, which some related to nerves. Unknown to all but a few, this continued on occasion throughout the summer. At the beginning of this season the condition progressively worsened to the point where it occurred before and after matches as well as practices. Not until a dual in Jan. did Coach Cody hear Kendric before one of his matches. According to Cody, he heard someone vomiting about 8 minutes. As we know, ‘tough wrestlers’ go out and perform. After the match Kendric went back to the locker room and continued. Cody scheduled an appointment for Kendric and a procedure was done. He was diagnosed with a curable condition (we hope the diagnosis is accurate), however Kendric is allergic to the standard prescribed medication. His condition improved but did not totally resolve. He still was/is unable to eat much or hold down food. It’s been interesting over the years to hear comments about Kendric’s size. His max weight as a freshman was around 148 lbs (off season), RS Jr. year 155 lbs. Last summer he tipped the scale at 160 lbs for 1 week. The reason I add this is because before Big 12’s last year, he decided he wanted to bulk up for his Sr. year. The diagnosed condition prevented him from doing so. On Monday before the NCAA’s, Kendric weighed 145 lbs. He was able to get up to 151 lbs., but during the NCAA tournament, while others were eating and gaining weight, his was dropping. By the 7th place match he was 144.8 lbs… That’s the condensed version.

Kendric, like other wrestlers, have battles to overcome. Most do it with grace, determination, and little outside understanding. That’s what makes them special. We applaud them all! BHF

Does anyone believe that Maple is a great technician on his feet?

The kid's father comes on here and passionately tells us about a medical condition and you, superold, are still pounding your little drum. There is something very wrong with you.

To papa maple, thanks for sharing your son's story. Please accept the rest of this msg. board's wishes that Kendrick solve his medical issue to the fullest extent. Best wishes to your son and family.

The kid's father comes on here and passionately tells us about a medical condition and you, superold, are still pounding your little drum. There is something very wrong with you.

To papa maple, thanks for sharing your son's story. Please accept the rest of this msg. board's wishes that Kendrick solve his medical issue to the fullest extent. Best wishes to your son and family.

I didn't see that post. I just now saw it. If true, that's unfortunate for Maple. With that said, and with all due respect to Mr./Mrs. Maple, what I said about Maple's technique stands. I would have said the same thing last season too.

Kendric began vomiting before matches at the end of last season, which some related to nerves. Unknown to all but a few, this continued on occasion throughout the summer. At the beginning of this season the condition progressively worsened to the point where it occurred before and after matches as well as practices. Not until a dual in Jan. did Coach Cody hear Kendric before one of his matches. According to Cody, he heard someone vomiting about 8 minutes. As we know, ‘tough wrestlers’ go out and perform. After the match Kendric went back to the locker room and continued. Cody scheduled an appointment for Kendric and a procedure was done. He was diagnosed with a curable condition (we hope the diagnosis is accurate), however Kendric is allergic to the standard prescribed medication. His condition improved but did not totally resolve. He still was/is unable to eat much or hold down food. It’s been interesting over the years to hear comments about Kendric’s size. His max weight as a freshman was around 148 (off season), RS Jr. year 155. Last summer he tipped the scale at 160 for 1 week. The reason I add this is because before Big 12’s last year, he decided he wanted to bulk up for his Sr. year. The diagnosed condition prevented him from doing so. On Monday before the NCAA’s, Kendric weighed a whopping 145#. He was able to get up to 151#, but during the NCAA tournament, while others were eating and gaining weight, his was dropping. By the 7th place match he was 144.8… That’s the condensed version.!

Papa Maple I am very interested in learning more about your son's condition. My son is a Junior in HS who has struggled with very similar symptoms for over a year now. By the end of this season we were doing anything we could to keep his weight up, and he still weighed in for the State tournament several pounds under the weight limit. Everyone assumed it was nerves and we had considered taking him to a sports psychiatrist. This condition has seriously affected his desire to compete and he has now lost all interest in off-season wrestling.

Can you let me know what the diagnosis was? I would have PM'ed you, but apparently new accounts are not allowed to use this feature.

Does anybody really believe that Gulibon, Matt Brown, McCintosh or Lawson are very good technically? I would certainly put Maple's technique above every single one of the wrestlers mentioned above.

I didn't see that post. I just now saw it. If true, that's unfortunate for Maple. With that said, and with all due respect to Mr./Mrs. Maple, what I said about Maple's technique stands. I would have said the same thing last season too.

Again... What. In. The world is wrong with you? You are no better than the fat coach who tells an athlete to 'cut weight.' And no better than the critic in the stands, who's seen a few too many technique DVDs and concludes EVERY LOSS can be contributed to technique. Wake up! Wrestling is about FAR MORE than technique. You're venturing into Marty territory here. You continue to denigrate athletes, even after your stated reason is proven wrong.

Again... What. In. The world is wrong with you? You are no better than the fat coach who tells an athlete to 'cut weight.' And no better than the critic in the stands, who's seen a few too many technique DVDs and concludes EVERY LOSS can be contributed to technique. Wake up! Wrestling is about FAR MORE than technique. You're venturing into Marty territory here. You continue to denigrate athletes, even after your stated reason is proven wrong.

Vhsalum, what I said about Maple has absolutely not been proven wrong. If you insist it has, could you explain how?

Vhsalum, what I said about Maple has absolutely not been proven wrong. If you insist it has, could you explain how?

No Marty.

We appreciate all of you that have genuine questions and concerns about Kendric, so we’ll share some information with you. In fairness to the opponents that defeated him, we continue to extend our congratulations.

Kendric began vomiting before matches at the end of last season, which some related to nerves. Unknown to all but a few, this continued on occasion throughout the summer. At the beginning of this season the condition progressively worsened to the point where it occurred before and after matches as well as practices. Not until a dual in Jan. did Coach Cody hear Kendric before one of his matches. According to Cody, he heard someone vomiting about 8 minutes. As we know, ‘tough wrestlers’ go out and perform. After the match Kendric went back to the locker room and continued. Cody scheduled an appointment for Kendric and a procedure was done. He was diagnosed with a curable condition (we hope the diagnosis is accurate), however Kendric is allergic to the standard prescribed medication. His condition improved but did not totally resolve. He still was/is unable to eat much or hold down food. It’s been interesting over the years to hear comments about Kendric’s size. His max weight as a freshman was around 148 (off season), RS Jr. year 155. Last summer he tipped the scale at 160 for 1 week. The reason I add this is because before Big 12’s last year, he decided he wanted to bulk up for his Sr. year. The diagnosed condition prevented him from doing so. On Monday before the NCAA’s, Kendric weighed a whopping 145#. He was able to get up to 151#, but during the NCAA tournament, while others were eating and gaining weight, his was dropping. By the 7th place match he was 144.8… That’s the condensed version.

Kendric, like other wrestlers have battles to overcome. Most do it with grace and determination. We applaud them all!!

Incredibly classy response, and thank you for representing the sport and Kendric so well. After hearing this, the topic is basically done for me. Medically, I am curious about what the exact condition was (I have seen wrestlers with very similar symptoms) and want to learn more about it. After far as questioning the kid's technique, heart, coach, decisions, well, I feel it's BS. Best of luck to Kendric in the real important game, Life, and congrats on a great career.

Very rarely do I agree with Tbar, but WTF? Do you ever have anything decent to say about anyone? This kid was a D1 national champ, and you are criticizing (or implying criticism) of his technical ability?

JC, just shut the F up already.

There is, Im sure, a fascinating discussion to be had about the intricacies of set-up technique and the various components (technical skills, physical skills, mental skills) that make a wrestler great. However you probably shouldnt be having the discussion on a thread where an athletes parents just posted that he is dealing with a serious medical condition. Have some sympathy.

Mr Maple, I dont know you or your son at all, but I hope that he has a swift and complete recovery.

It is amazing to me the preponderance of maladjusted folks on this forum. I don't follow any other sports, but simultaneously I hope we are not the most dysfunctional, and that we are alone in our forum follies.

It is amazing to me the preponderance of maladjusted folks on this forum. I don't follow any other sports, but simultaneously I hope we are not the most dysfunctional, and that we are alone in our forum follies.

Sad thing is we are VERY tame compared to many other forums. Due to the concentric type of fan base for a fringe sport like wrestling we get CONSIDERABLY less kooks than many other sports with exponentially larger fan bases.

Sad thing is we are VERY tame compared to many other forums. Due to the concentric type of fan base for a fringe sport like wrestling we get CONSIDERABLY less kooks than many other sports with exponentially larger fan bases.

oh yeah, plenty more wackjobs out there. im assuming # of crazies is directly proportional to # of total fans.

i recommend reading everything by pftcommenter. all of the satire without having to actually wade through the mind numbing inanity.

http://www.sbnation.com/authors/pft-commenter

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/aut ... -commenter