Sign in to follow this  
meloserio

Logan Stieber

You like to make a lot of excuses, I find, Ryan.

Saritov masterfully defended everything Sanderson through at him, AND scored in the clinch.

Sure, was passive, but in no way did Sanderson prove he was the better wrestler that day.

Ryan, watch your feet. LOL

No excuses. He lost to Sharipov. I am not sure Cael could have beat him on his best day. But Saritrov did not out wrestle Cael. I would take Cael in a rematch any day easily. And I would have taken him over Aldatov. I truly feel Cael was the 2nd best at the weight. It is too bad he didn't stick it out through 2012-I think he could have got it done with Varner.

Pretty sure Stieber was 3rd last year as well... I do agree he was too big at 60 and time will tell if he's big enough for 65. I do wonder how he looked so good in college at the same weight though... Was he just so much better than his opponents that being sucked down didn't matter?

Last year at WTT, Stieber was in the Friday challenge at 60kg. He pinned Zach Synon in 49 seconds, then lost to Jimmy Kennedy 5-4. He beat Alan Waters 7-0 and Andrew Hochstrasser 9-2. He got third in the challenge, meaning fourth overall because Kennedy lost to Reece Humphrey in the finals. The winner of the Open was automatically in the finals, meaning they were guaranteed first or second. Everyone else bumps down a place.

Reece Humphrey said on twitter the other day he will be wrestling 65kgs at the Open, not sure if he will be going 61 or 65 for WTT. I would love to see my man JO take on Stieber again. It looks like 65 is going to be the second deepest weight behind 74kg.