Sign in to follow this  
Broomstick

Senior Taylor v. Senior Dake

I can't believe this topic has not come up before, but I don't recall seeing it. Taylor seemed to step it up even more during his senior campaign. That being said, what if the stars had aligned so that the 3 Dake v. Taylor folkstyle matchups occurred when both were in their senior year? I'd give them to Taylor 3-0 based on what I saw from him this year. Maybe Dake would sneak one in, and it would be 2-1 Taylor. It's a shame Taylor had to run into the senior Dake when Taylor was only a junior.

Dake 5 Taylor 0. Would take Dake. History usually repeats itself. Amazing that their last 4 matches have been 1 point loses for Taylor. But after Taylor concentrates on freestyle I do see him passing Dake in a couple of years.

If they wrestled 10 times this year I would take taylor in 3 or 4 of them. I still dont think dake was 5-0 better than Taylor. He was better but sort of feel it was a little Mathematical outlier like flipping a coin you can get heads 5 times in a row but it may be tails the next 5

Taylor seemed to step it up even more during his senior campaign…………...It's a shame Taylor had to run into the senior Dake when Taylor was only a junior.

This is nonsense. Taylor has been consistently dominant for the last several years, and utterly destroyed everyone not named Dake last year. A match between the two this year would have been identical to their matches last year. Winnable for Taylor, but a slight edge to Dake.

In what way did taylor improve his senior year? He stomped everyone he faced besides Dake both years. Matches with Caldwell were closer this year.

You know in another thread I raised the question of how much Taylor had improved over the course of his career at PSU since it seems like he has been stomping everyone since his RS Fr year. I asked if the experts could discern any improvement and several posters assured me there had been plenty.

So I think it is a valid question (for msg board purposes, that is) on how the match would have gone if it occurred when both were in their Senior season. If you need to suspend reality and assume Dake is a year younger than Taylor for the mythical mathup to work, than so be it. I'm simply asking how folks think the match would have gone if the 2013/14 season Senior version of Taylor stepped on the mat w/the 12/13 season Senior version of Dake.