Sign in to follow this  
PRyan2012

Gadisov vs Gazymazov 97k Euro Final

Gadisov dec Gazymazov 5-1.

Looks like Gadisov costed here beating a top tier wrestler here pretty easily. When this guy is on he is the best in the world but just can't get it done when it matters most ie why can't he win Russian Nationals or worlds? After this performance I got to put him back on top of favorites to win Gold at 97k. I am guessing Gatsalov is going 275?

In fairness to him, he has won nationals twice.

His problem has to be mental. Hes had some pretty big breakdowns at the end of matches Lost to Herbert after having a big lead, lost to Belanovsky on a clinch chounter, lost to Yazdani on a last second go behind at the Olympics, lost in the national finals on a last second hi-crotch. He should be winning those matches. This was a big match against a tough opponent in a high-pressure situation and he did great, so hopefully he is learning to get over his issues. So technical and so quick if he can just put it together... given how good the last Yazdani vs Gadisov match was I would LOVE to see them in the world finals.

Regarding Gatsalov, I dont have any inside info but judging by how bad Khugaev looked in the Euro finals (teched in a minute) I bet Russia will want him to wrestle heavyweight again.

I see Geduev won 74. FILA database has him winning his last 6 tournaments going back to November 2012. i take it he lost in the 2013 Russian nationals since he wasn't at the 2013 WC. has he ever wrestled Burroughs? looks like he had 2 tight matches against guys JB beat. gonna have to watch his matches later on dartfish, i dont remember ever seeing him wrestle.

Geduev is the man. Wasnt terribly dominant in his final match but still, hes awesome, very active and a great thrower and par terre wrestler. He wrestled Burroughs once shortly after JB gaduated college, score was something like 2-0 2-1 for JB. Both guys have improved a ton since then. Id consider Geduev to be biggest international threat to Burroughs by far. He could easily have been the Russian #1 by now. Got horribly screwed by the referees against Adam Saitiev 2 years ago (honestly, the worst screw job I have ever seen) and then was injured for the nationals last year. Didnt get picked for the world team although he beat the eventual champion both before and after the nationals.

Geduev is one of my current faves. I think Burroughs beat him at Beat the Streets 3 years ago. Both have improved. I just don't see him beating Burroughs. His stance is too high and Burroughs gets too much motion for him to work his favorite techniques. Guys get in on his legs way too much. He would have to make adjustments just to keep it close with Burroughs. Otherwise it will be one sided in Burroughs favor.

Gadisov is my favorite wrestler to watch. What a beast: super fast, technical, dynamic and powerful. Just a fantastic overall wrestler. If he can control the last minute / second meltdowns, the sky is the limit for this guy. IMO, he will be world champion this year.

Gadisov is by far my favorite wrestler. He has a Adam Satiev type style. You never know whats coming with his UFO type movements. The guy has got to get it done this year, then I think he goes on a run like the Satievs and Gatsalov. YOu should be able to beat Yazdani with how he just beat Gayzmazov. We need guys like him over bruts like Yazdani. Burroughs and Gadisov are my two favorite wrestlers to watch. Taylor also has this pleasing style for the fans as Cael did also.

Not sure about Gadisov winning worlds. It's certainly possible but you're picking a guy known to fade late against one of the best pressure wrestlers there is in Yazdani. Also akzent is reporting Sadullaev is already beating Gadisov in practice so even if he is Russia's. #1 guy this year he might not be for much longer.