Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Evil

The "Blood" Round

For all you historians out there I'm wondering if two brothers have ever wrestled in the Blood Round at nationals or in any other round for that matter. Taylor Walsh will be at 157 for Indiana next year in his final year of competition and his younger brother Chad is expected to wrestle at 157 for Rider next year as a RS frosh. It would make for some interesting dinner conversation in the Walsh household if they met up in St Louis next year. That would really be a Blood match.

Trent Hynek of Iowa State I believe did wrestle little brother Paul Hynek of Northern Iowa once, with Trent winning rather decisively.

In the NAIA Tom Bartello of Northwestern College once wrestled his identical twin brother (whose first name escapes me) in a college match. It was rather hard to tell sometimes who was won, and be thankful for the green and red ankle bands! They both wore a red singlet, similar shoes and similar head gear.

I believe that Hunter Meys of Boston and Austin Meys of Lehigh may have met once in college as well.

Andy Roy of Rutgers and Nick Roy of Michigan have been in the same bracket before more than once, but I don't think they ever met.

Micah Burak of UPenn and his brother at Iowa, Nathan Burak, almost met. They both fell in the blood round. If Nathan would have beaten Alfonso Hernandez and Micah beat Kyven Gadson, however, they would have met in the consi-quarters.

Coincidentally, they both got knocked out of the Championship bracket by Dustin Kilgore.

Trent Hynek of Iowa State I believe did wrestle little brother Paul Hynek of Northern Iowa once, with Trent winning rather decisively.

In the NAIA Tom Bartello of Northwestern College once wrestled his identical twin brother (whose first name escapes me) in a college match. It was rather hard to tell sometimes who was won, and be thankful for the green and red ankle bands! They both wore a red singlet, similar shoes and similar head gear.

I believe that Hunter Meys of Boston and Austin Meys of Lehigh may have met once in college as well.

Andy Roy of Rutgers and Nick Roy of Michigan have been in the same bracket before more than once, but I don't think they ever met.

the oldest roy wrestled at east stroudsburg. it sticks out to me they hit andy's freshman year at rutgers. i am thinking wrestleback round to place at eiwa's.

the oldest roy wrestled at east stroudsburg. it sticks out to me they hit andy's freshman year at rutgers. i am thinking wrestleback round to place at eiwa's.

http://www.wrestlingstats.com/eiwa/pdf/ ... 202002.pdf

quarters and it went to tiebreak.

How about cousins?

Trying to predict the future - I bet either Bo or Micky Jordan (tOSU) will cross paths with their cousin Isaac Jordan (UW) within the next few years at nationals.

There were cousins that I believe actually did wrestle one another at the NCAA's once and for the life of me, I cannot remember their names. One wrestled for Wisconsin and the other for North Carolina.

Maciag or something like that, it finally came to my head. Alex wrestled at UNC and I don't remember what the other one's first name was.

There were cousins that I believe actually did wrestle one another at the NCAA's once and for the life of me, I cannot remember their names. One wrestled for Wisconsin and the other for North Carolina.

Maciag or something like that, it finally came to my head. Alex wrestled at UNC and I don't remember what the other one's first name was.

Matt- both from Blair