Sign in to follow this  
ocho

Unsigned top 100 recruits

This list is going off Earl's at http://www.d1collegewrestling.net/Top100_2014.html

Where will these individuals end up? Have any committed? Have other top 100 recruits decommitted?

10. Joey McKenna Pine Crook NJ 141 (I thought he committed?)

35. John Jay Chavez Centennial ID 157

38. Sean Russell Collins Hill GA 133

39. Grant Leeth Kearney MO 157

44. Corey Rasheed Longwood NY 165

50. JaVaughn Perkins Omaha NE 165

58. Kimball Bastian Maple Mountain UT 165

61. Roy Nash West Valley UT 285

65. Brian Dobzanski Delsea NJ 285

70. Tate Robinson Chattanooga TN 141

81. Chalmer Freauf Cincinnati OH 285

87. Isaiah Locsin Live Oak CA 125

95. Chris Garcia Lombard IL 149

96. Taylor Misuna Chesapeake VA 165

98. Wyatt Spears Sheldon OR 285

I find it a little odd/funny that Mike Boykin doesn't even make the list. I know he flew under the radar a bit but he did finish 3rd last year. Could it have something to do with his size and how he would fit into a a college weight class?

I find it a little odd/funny that Mike Boykin doesn't even make the list. I know he flew under the radar a bit but he did finish 3rd last year. Could it have something to do with his size and how he would fit into a a college weight class?

IMHO, a several factors here.

1. D1CW indicates that their ranking was last updated on 8/19 (not sure if that's accurate, since Chance was still headed to PSU on 8/19, but perhaps the list was established in the summer, and not updated since except to indicate college choices, though even that is not complete, as this thread shows)

2. Boykins wrestled 220 in 2013 (as well as in 2014), and for HS guys that wrestle 220 it's always a challenge to figure if they will be at 285 or at 197 in college

3. Boykins took 3rd in AAA at PA States in 2013, but he was 2nd in his own region to Jordan Woods (who took 2nd at States), so if he's 3rd in his own state, and 2nd within his region of that state, it's kind of hard to make a case for him to be on a Top 100 list

4. I don't think he did a lot of wrestling in national tourneys to make a case for being in a Top 100 list. I believe he's at FloNationals this year, but I don't think he participated in last year's tourney, and that took place in his own state (granted, on the other side of the state, but still his state; about a 3.5 - 4 hour drive).

Im pretty sure Boykin just wrestled Kyle Snyder in the Dapper Dan and held his own till the 3rd period. Hopefully it opens some doors for him. Last year he gave Haines a good match at the State tourny.

Im pretty sure Boykin just wrestled Kyle Snyder in the Dapper Dan and held his own till the 3rd period. Hopefully it opens some doors for him. Last year he gave Haines a good match at the State tourny.

I recently watched a match between Jordan Wood and Derrick Jones Iii from California and Jones took Wood to the "Woodshed'!!

Anyone have info on Jones??? Appeared to be a hell of a talent not to show up on the rankings.

I recently watched a match between Jordan Wood and Derrick Jones Iii from California and Jones took Wood to the "Woodshed'!!

Anyone have info on Jones??? Appeared to be a hell of a talent not to show up on the rankings.

He suffered an injury during football and couldn't wrestle this year. He is going to wrestle at Grand Canyon University in college.

Rasheed is going to penn st, i hear louie is being RECRUITED hard by clarion, and i feel that is the perfect envt for him small school can focus on schoolwork and wrestling, no distractions

Troy Letters is quitly building a very, very solid team at Clarion. I cant what to see how he develops the talent he has coming into the room over the next few years.