Sign in to follow this  
quick__single

Sadulaev RUS 86 kg

Russia is in dire need at 189 and 275. This guy (Sadulaev) looks like he could be the next Sajidov, Gatsalov or Satiev at 189. Gatsalov will fill their huge void at 275 until 2016 I guess-pretty amazing a bumped up 185 guy is dominating the 275lb class in russia and in the world.

He's listed as being born in 1995.

I can tell you that he is not born in 1995.

I'll leave it at that.

Whether he is 16 years old or 40, fact is he's an animal. He respectfully kept it conservative against the elder Dagestani in the final.

Russia is in dire need at 189 and 275. This guy (Sadulaev) looks like he could be the next Sajidov, Gatsalov or Satiev at 189. Gatsalov will fill their huge void at 275 until 2016 I guess-pretty amazing a bumped up 185 guy is dominating the 275lb class in russia and in the world.

I can see him possibly moving up to 97.

He's listed as being born in 1995.

I can tell you that he is not born in 1995.

I'll leave it at that.

Whether he is 16 years old or 40, fact is he's an animal. He respectfully kept it conservative against the elder Dagestani in the final.

Sadulaev is listed as having won the FILA cadets in 2012 and 2013. He would have had to have been born no earlier than 1996 to compete in cadets in 2013. That would make him 17 or 18 right now depending on his birthday.

I already answered. I know a lot. So does Akzent.

There is no big mystery. It is commonly known that many foreign athletes (in many different sports) are not the age they are "listed" at.

Single asked about his age. I gave the answer. So did Akzent.

What secret evidence do you have on his true age?

There is no secret. Sadualaev's and many other young Russian top wrestlers' real age is well known to the fans at home. It is the club coaches who fake the age of their wrestlers. There are several reasons why they do so; the most important of them being of financial nature: the allocation of public money (from the state budget) among the clubs depends on the achievements of each club, so the coaches and/or presidents of clubs are interested to have more medalists. And faking the age is one of the ways to reach a particular number of medals that will bring money to the club (and prestige of course, that means also private sponsors).

The federation is aware with this problem. This video shows a meeting of president Mamiashvili with coaches that took place a year ago. In his speech, he is trying to move coaches to stop faking the age of their wrestlers. At 1:14, when the audience is laughing, he says that some coaches have asked him to keep his eyes closed at least (!) for a 2 years cut (what means that in some cases, much more than 2 years are cut).

Well, hopefully he stops wrestling against teenagers now, since he is fully capable of beating the tar out of men. What a monster- and, other then in the final, wrestled a really relentless style. Im sure they are hoping he is the 86 kg stalwart they havent had for a while.

Poor Dato Mashgarvilli really needs to see a sport psychologist or something. Everyone (rightfully) talks about Gadisovs mental lapses but this guy is worse. Here he gets pinned off a double with one second left in the bronze medal match. I just feel bad for him at this point.

Sadulaev actually wants to go up to 97 kg. He and Gadisov are 2:1 in practice matches in this season. Rumors say - after the second match lost, Gadisov left the hall and didn't show up for a long time. 2 weeks ago, again in practice, Sadulaev beat Georgi Gogaev who won Dave Schultz at 97 in January).