Sign in to follow this  
wrestle09

Son/current wrestler

So many to choose from but I would look at the "grinders" instead of the super athletic and slick guys. Wrestlers like Taylor and Ruth are so good mostly because of their physique added with excellent technique and it is just unrealistic to have a younger wrestler emulate them. Even Steiber has that massively broad shoulders and long arms which makes him so tough on top.

Megaludis, Ramos, Port or Retherford, Tsirtis, Dieringer, Caldwell, Perry, etc....they are all guys that with tons of hard work and dedication, almost any younger wrestler can emulate.

In order of preference:

Cael: Olympic gold + 4x = set for life in wrestling, which is what he loves

Jordan Burroughs: Olympic gold is worth more than a Harvard degree, in conversation as one of two or three best ever in US freestyle

Kyle Dake: 4x at 4 weights (minimal cutting last year or two, don't want my son to cut), Academic AA at Ivy

Jesse Jantzen: Most valuable degree + NCAA champ

Interesting conversation, and something I'm working on right now...

Cael Sanderson. He's a right leg lead, who wrestles with a left leg lead. His offense starts with his ankle pick, so he's able to use his strong hand (right hand) for his collar tie. Notice that all of offense after the ankle pick ends in a righty offense. His Hi-C, his single, his front headlock, are all right handed.

Cejudo played with this a bit as well. Being able to attack both sides and with both legs. I've become a bigger and bigger fan of the Jordan Trained/Jeff Jordan State Champ Camp system. He doesn't believe in Hi-Cs and I see his point to some degree. So it's a single to both sides. See Micah Jordan as a blueprint for what a single to both sides brings.

Cael Sanderson. He's a right leg lead, who wrestles with a left leg lead. His offense starts with his ankle pick, so he's able to use his strong hand (right hand) for his collar tie. Notice that all of offense after the ankle pick ends in a righty offense. His Hi-C, his single, his front headlock, are all right handed.

Cejudo played with this a bit as well. Being able to attack both sides and with both legs. I've become a bigger and bigger fan of the Jordan Trained/Jeff Jordan State Champ Camp system. He doesn't believe in Hi-Cs and I see his point to some degree. So it's a single to both sides. See Micah Jordan as a blueprint for what a single to both sides brings.

tell iran hi-c's don't work.

tell iran hi-c's don't work.

High School and Collegiately I mean. I can't link it at work, but the: wrestlingcoachacademy.com has an article on the scoring at NCAAs. A Head-Inside Single reigns supreme. With as good as guys are getting at scrambling, it almost makes ALMOST no sense to hit a HI-C in folkstyle. It's an easier attack to defend.