Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

Sophomore Dake vs Senior Metcalf

In 2010, Metcalf wins the 149 NCAA title. In 2011, sophomore Dake wins the 149 NCAA title. Who would win if they had to wrestle off in the summer of 2010 (both wrestlers fresh off of the college season and still training) with a 149 weigh-in two hours before the match?

I predict that Metcalf wins by fall.

Neither wrestler attempts to shoot and regulation and we enter overtime end 1-1. A boy of merely 19, Dake cannot handle the pace of Metcalf's manhandling (literally) for a full 8:00 and succumbs to a cow-catcher late in the overtime.

I know this is meant as a joke thread poking fun at the mythical Dake matchups but to answer the question IMO. I feel Metcalf would win. In fact I would pick several wrestlers(throughout history, not just recent memory) over a freshman and sophomore Dake. Dake was very talented then but not unbeatable. He shined at the NCAA tournament but also suffered a few losses along the way. I have always wondered how his freshman year would have turned out if Russell did not redshirt(pretty sure that is the year he RS'd could be wrong) and how his sophomore year would have turned out if Caldwell did not get injured. I can wonder, but I also know to look back and see the story history wrote which is a pretty good one. It was his Junior and Senior years where he really elevated into untouchable category. I would pick him over pretty much any recent 157 or 165 pounder except maybe Burroughs. Moral of the story is that Dake is and was great.

I pick Dake to stuff Metcalf's head between his legs, folding him like a cheap tent, and spadling Metcalf for the p|nfall. This is after Dake ferociously brings Metcalf to heel with multiple, thundering mat returns leaving him like a lifeless rag doll. Dake's all like, "smell your own wrinkled coin purse. shoulda been a gymnast like your momma."