Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2017

Promising Debuts

I'm really excited to see Bo Jordan make his 165 debut, seeing as how dominant of wrestler he was in high-school and how well his technicality complemented his size in the RS vids we've seen on YouTube. I believe Jordan along with Isaiah Martinez(whom Jordan had beaten in Iron-Man finals his senior, to the surprise of some) from Illinois will bring some depth to 165 as the likes of Taylor/Caldwell depart. Plus I'm itching to see Bo Jordan wrestle Alex Dieringer..

Amongst other debuts I'm excited to see are

Nathan Tomasello for tOSU

Kyle Snyder for tOSU

Dean Heil for Okie State - I believe Heil is Aaron Pico's last loss.

Chance Marsteller will True Frosh for Okie State hopefully

I had gone to high school with Johnny Sebastian, whom is an unlikely True Frosh for Northwestern but was the #1 182-pounder coming out of HS.

This is to hoping we can see Jason Nolf wrestle Micah Jordan at some RS tournament -- that's a match I'd pay to see.

As an RU student who regularly meets Ashnault, I'm waiting to see NJ's best ever shake up the brackets...

I feel like I'm forgetting some, who do you guys got?

I'm really excited to see Bo Jordan make his 165 debut, seeing as how dominant of wrestler he was in high-school and how well his technicality complemented his size in the RS vids we've seen on YouTube. I believe Jordan along with Isaiah Martinez(whom Jordan had beaten in Iron-Man finals his senior, to the surprise of some) from Illinois will bring some depth to 165 as the likes of Taylor/Caldwell depart. Plus I'm itching to see Bo Jordan wrestle Alex Dieringer..

Kyle Snyder for tOSU

I had gone to high school with Johnny Sebastian, whom is an unlikely True Frosh for Northwestern but was the #1 182-pounder coming out of HS.

This is to hoping we can see Jason Nolf wrestle Micah Jordan at some RS tournament -- that's a match I'd pay to see.

As an RU student who regularly meets Ashnault, I'm waiting to see NJ's best ever shake up the brackets...

Agree with Bo. He and Snyder I'd say top my list. Heil has some talent but the few times I've watched him I came away thinking he lacked some intangibles (to put it a nice way). He may not start next year unless he's at 133. Ashnault should be interesting as well. RU has A LOT riding on him. Fear that he and Retherford are no longer on the same plane but we'll see. Also disagree that he's NJ best ever.

Bo Jordan and Anthony Ashnault would be my top 2 followed closely by Kyle Snyder. Bo had a pretty easy run during the open tournaments and AA won the collegiate open so it will good to see both of them in the Big 10 grind. I was somewhat surprised at Snyder's Dapper Dan match. Thought he would have dominated more. Maybe too much freestyle but I'm sure he will be ready.

One name I haven't seen on here in a while is Brooks Black. Former HVY from Blair. He was almost unstoppable in HS, but I have heard he wasn't a hard worker and the big 10 would be too much for him. Based on his success at Blair, I am interested to see how well he does. Probably the right choice to RS him this year as HVY in the Big 10 was ridiculously deep.

Hoping that Galasso can recover from his injury in time to maybe jump right into Cornell instead of greyshirting, but I'll be following regardless. I'm waiting for Alex Cisneros from Cornell to start puttin' in work, too.

I'm hoping that Whitford can find his way in school and wrestle hard, and McCauley comes out with a bit more fire next year.

I believe Maryland has 4 guys coming off RS with winning records, including the Alexander brothers. LLopez and Bannister will be coming in as highly ranked freshman, and both from MD. I'm guessing one or both of them may RS.

Iowa, tOSU, PSU, Minny & Rutgers are all visiting College Park next year. should be a great season for DC area wrestling fans.

Simmer down, Chaps.

By that I meant, NJ's Most Accomplished High School Wrestler

Just as we might say Cael is the greatest collegiate wrestler of all time, but not necessarily USA's GOAT.

Ashnault's credentials are unparalleled.

I believe Maryland has 4 guys coming off RS with winning records, including the Alexander brothers. LLopez and Bannister will be coming in as highly ranked freshman, and both from MD. I'm guessing one or both of them may RS.

Iowa, tOSU, PSU, Minny & Rutgers are all visiting College Park next year. should be a great season for DC area wrestling fans.

Happen to be close to UM? Do you know how Billy Rappo's looking?

Kyle Snyder for tOSU

Good call on Martinez.

Jordan and Martinez met in two consecutive Ironmans. I think some favored Martinez to get revenge in the second, since the first was so tight. When Micah Jordan lost a tight one to Pico in the Ironman final, he had just beaten Heil in the semis. No one is sleeping on any of the Jordans, and I think it's mistake to sleep on Martinez.

Happen to be close to UM? Do you know how Billy Rappo's looking?

i'm inside the beltway but for the most part i just follow the program from a laptop. i dont have any info on any wrestlers that you couldnt get from google. definitely want to make one or more of those duals next year tho.

Depends on what its based on. Damion Hahn HS, gotta be Burroughs now overall.

Camp falls somewhere in there for NJ best high school wrestler, right?

for HS yes I would rank Camp above Ashnault and Burroughs

Hahn also had a very impressive FS resume while in HS - Camp almost as good

but Hahn lost his freshman year in NJ state finals while Camp beat a returning runner-up in the quarters and then a Fargo champ in the finals of his freshamn year

all these guys were great - have to give the nod to Camp

Depends on what its based on. Damion Hahn HS, gotta be Burroughs now overall.

Camp falls somewhere in there for NJ best high school wrestler, right?

for HS yes I would rank Camp above Ashnault and Burroughs

Hahn also had a very impressive FS resume while in HS - Camp almost as good

but Hahn lost his freshman year in NJ state finals while Camp beat a returning runner-up in the quarters and then a Fargo champ in the finals of his freshamn year

all these guys were great - have to give the nod to Camp

Simmer down, Chaps.

Just as we might say Cael is the greatest collegiate wrestler of all time, but not necessarily USA's GOAT.

Only within NJ. He lost Dapper Dan and I don't believe ever won Fargo.

Simmer down, Chaps.

Only within NJ. He lost Dapper Dan and I don't believe ever won Fargo.

Yeah, and Ashnault lost multiple times in high school to Ohio's Edgar Bright (who never even won a state title). If he is NJ best high school wrestler ever then I'm not impressed.