Sign in to follow this  
de4856

USA Wrestling

The crickets have got some really big quads on this subject. This is probably why there has been no marketing on the US Senior Open coming up in two weeks. A lot of casual fans have no idea the Open is coming up. They are consumed with two high level coaching vacancies and I would imagine and are trying to keep potential candidates a secret.

Both Brandon Slay and Bill Zadick are working in the men's freestyle staff right now. Those would be the top two candidates in my head...if they want the position.

I think the problem I have thinking of a replacement for Zeke Jones is that he did a fantastic job in the position. He has the right level of authority and the right sense of concession to athlete's needs.

Whoever is hired next should bring a level of excitement to the freestyle program. Jones was a calm and steady presence to transition the program. I think we need someone who can take the base of what Jones had built, keep it and then build passion into it.

When will USA Wrestling make announcement on the hiring of the new Greco Coach? The Iowa boards seem to say its a done deal with Terry Brands. Has this been officially announced? The Freestyle rankings came out and 5 of the 7 weight classes have Ohio's RTC as the number 1 ranked guy. Wouldn't Lou Rosselli be in this discussion with Henson as a possible hire for job?