Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Amazing How Powerful The Iowa Influence Under Gable Was!

Like who?

Look at JRob's current team; Chris Dardanes 81, Kevin Steinhaus 86, Scott Shiller 78, Tony Nelson 49.

And are you saying that Cael didn't develop Taylor or Ruth?

Just as much as Bobby Douglas developed Cael Sanderson or Rob Koll developed Kyle Dake.

Cael started a kid who had been kicked off a team for multiple alcohol offenses.

Brands started a kid who had been kicked off a team for multiple alcohol offenses.

Difference????

I pulled one of my old quotes from the early days of the Long-Marion wars:

(a) Marion has stayed out of trouble since the incident; Long has stayed out of trouble since the incident.

(b) Marion has stayed enrolled full time at his school for the Fall Semester despite losing his scholarship; Long has stayed enrolled full time at his school for the Fall Semester despite losing his scholarship.

© Marion is assumed to be passing his classes; Long is assumed to be passing his classes.

(d) Marion will be wrestling Spring Semester (possibly); Long will be wrestling Spring Semester (possibly)

The only real difference is that Long had to go thorough the additional penalty of moving across the country to compete while Marion got to stay at home.

Look at JRob's current team; Chris Dardanes 81, Kevin Steinhaus 86, Scott Shiller 78, Tony Nelson 49.

Only Tony Nelson was national champion out of that group. Since it seems like you are counting AA status as a meaningful accomplishment, what about James English? I believe that he wasn't very highly ranked coming into college.

You seem to be saying that since Cael recruited kids who were highly ranked, he didn't develop them, or that he did a lesser job of developing them. Is that what you believe? If so, why?

Just as much as Bobby Douglas developed Cael Sanderson or Rob Koll developed Kyle Dake

And how much is that?