Sign in to follow this  
Stuart1

Hofstra Roster

Just checked the 2013-2014 Hofstra roster Cam Tessari is not listed, anybody know if he is still with the team?

Unfortunately Tassari has been a train wreck.

A VERY capable wrestler, who just couldn't get his act together (after multiple 2nd chances).

I mean ... 2 years ago... he got dropped from the Big 10's just 24 hours before the tournament... then he moved on to Hofstra... (cuz' no one else would touch him with a 10 foot pole) ..didn't anyone wonder why? ...

I'm not surprised ... too bad.

Just checked the 2013-2014 Hofstra roster Cam Tessari is not listed, anybody know if he is still with the team?

Unfortunately Tassari has been a train wreck.

A VERY capable wrestler, who just couldn't get his act together (after multiple 2nd chances).

I mean ... 2 years ago... he got dropped from the Big 10's just 24 hours before the tournament... then he moved on to Hofstra... (cuz' no one else would touch him with a 10 foot pole) ..didn't anyone wonder why? ...

I'm not surprised ... too bad.

True freshman 4th at a pretty decent weight, to never wrestling again? You see this happen all the time with HS studs to College dud, but rarely with someone who had that kind of success early in his career.

Agree that it's rare, but Jeff Eckloff comes to mind.

A ton of people take College for granted. School isn't for everyone. Add in the rigors of DI wrestling and it isn't that hard to see how some can't handle it. The adage used when I was in school was study 1 hour for every hour of class you have per day. If you are taking a full 15 credit hours, you could be going to class, between labs and classes 25 or so hours per week. Add 25 hours of studying per week. Add 2 practice sessions per day of roughly 5 hours per day and you end up with 85 hours dedicated solely to school and wrestling. Add 5 hours for travel time throughout the week. You are up to 90. With that type of workload, both mentally and physically, you TRULY need 8 hours of sleep per day. That puts you up to 146 hours. You have 168 hours in the week. That gives you roughly 3 hours per day to eat, shower, do laundry and breathe.

This becomes exponentially harder as a walk on. Scholarship wrestlers(at least during my time) at least get preferred scheduling(classes, group study, tutoring, etc.) to allow for their day to be scheduled as conveniently as possible. Even then the above is BRUTAL.

With all the above in mind, I am very surprised the drop out rate isn't much higher. It truly shows you have resilient wrestlers truly are.