Sign in to follow this  
Abovetheline1

Nickal /Ness

was there and Nickal was just on another level. Dont think Ness is over rated but would have love to see Chance and Nickal now more than ever!!

GA did great against a very tough USA team.

Jason --- could you post individual results of the USA v Georgia meet? thanx.

CK Dream Team Results: USA 37, Georgia 15

113: Alonzo Allen, Rockdale, GA dec. #4-Brian Rossi, Lockport, IL (Stanford), 9-4

120: #4-Sean Russell, Collins Hill, GA (Edinboro) dec. #5-Scotty Parker, Pennridge, PA (Lehigh), 5-2

126: #5-Ryan Millhof, Collins Hill,GA (Oklahoma) dec. #3-Zeke Moisey, Bethlehem Catholic, PA (West Virginia), 5-3

132: #12-Tyler Smith, Franklin Regional, PA (Bucknell) md. Tyler Marinelli, Jefferson, GA (Gardner-Webb), 15-7

138: #8-Seth Gross, Apple Valley, MN (Iowa) dec. Cameron Perry, Gilmer, GA (Virginia), 8-4

145: #1-Jason Nolf, Kittaning, PA (Penn State) dec. JJ Alfau, Turner County, GA, 14-8

152: #4-TC Warner, Cumberland Valley, PA (Old Dominion) md. Matt Moody, Lowndes, GA, 14-6

160: #1-Garrett Peppelman, Central Dauphin, PA (Virginia) md. Jake Henson, Pope, GA (Virginia), 15-6

170: #4-Chandler Rogers, Stillwater, OK (Oklahoma St.) wbf. Demarko Dixson, Appling, GA (Air Force)

182: #2-Bo Nickal, Allen, Texas (Penn State) md. #3-Chip Ness, Burford, GA (North Carolina), 12-3

195: #4-Nathan Rose, Sibley, MN (Minnesota) dec. #16-Chance McClure, Commerce, GA (Virginia), 5-4

220: #19-Matt Moore, Apalachee, GA (North Carolina) wbf. Sage Hecox, Harlem, IL

285: #15-Billy Miller, Perry, OH (Edinboro) wbf. MJ Couzans, Archer, GA (Tennessee St. (Football))

Flo has all the videos up except the Nickal-Ness match. I watched TC Warner, Jason Nolf and Chandler Rogers all win with some great wrestling. The kid Nolf wrestled was real strong, but Jason was just too slick for him. Jason pretty much wore him out with his pace.

I just watched the match on Flo. Basically, Nickal dominated every single position. He took Ness down first, turned him, and when Ness was able to take Nickal down (off a quick Logan Stieber-esque low double), Nickal reversed him like it was nothing. I was surprised that Nickal dominated the tie-ups given the size difference, which was obvious.

I've been a bit skeptical of Nickal's greatness because I've seen him really struggle on the mat, so I was quite surprised by the result. He is going to be lethal in two years after he cleans up his technique a bit under Cael, physically matures more fully, and gets beat up in the room every day by Taylor, Brown, and Ruth.

I just watched the match on Flo. Basically, Nickal dominated every single position. He took Ness down first, turned him, and when Ness was able to take Nickal down (off a quick Logan Stieber-esque low double), Nickal reversed him like it was nothing. I was surprised that Nickal dominated the tie-ups given the size difference, which was obvious.

I've been a bit skeptical of Nickal's greatness because I've seen him really struggle on the mat, so I was quite surprised by the result. He is going to be lethal in two years after he cleans up his technique a bit under Cael, physically matures more fully, and gets beat up in the room every day by Taylor, Brown, and Ruth.

Yeah, pretty much agree. Nickal dominated Ness with his quickness and athleticism. Made it look kinda easy.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... 07u3Feyp5Z

Flo has all the videos up except the Nickal-Ness match. I watched TC Warner, Jason Nolf and Chandler Rogers all win with some great wrestling. The kid Nolf wrestled was real strong, but Jason was just too slick for him. Jason pretty much wore him out with his pace.

The guy Nolf wrestled from GA was a last minute substitute. The best kid from GA mildly tore up his knee while training for this event. The back up kid, while solid, didn't have time to train and was one of the few guys (along with Moody) who was from south GA and didn't get to train with the rest of the all stars that much. We all in GA were looking forward to seeing our #1 kid (Kamaal Abdul-Shakur is his name) go with Nolf. He's a hell of an athlete and I think he would have competed well against Nolf.

The guy Nolf wrestled from GA was a last minute substitute. The best kid from GA mildly tore up his knee while training for this event. The back up kid, while solid, didn't have time to train and was one of the few guys (along with Moody) who was from south GA and didn't get to train with the rest of the all stars that much. We all in GA were looking forward to seeing our #1 kid (Kamaal Abdul-Shakur is his name) go with Nolf. He's a hell of an athlete and I think he would have competed well against Nolf.

I will be on the look out for this kid if I see his name entered in any tournaments. Is he a Sr.? Going to a D1 school?

I will be on the look out for this kid if I see his name entered in any tournaments. Is he a Sr.? Going to a D1 school?

Thats 100% incorrect, Shakur was slated to go 138 when dual line up was posted on GNWA(April 3rd)and did sustain an injury last minute (days before) so Perry was the last minute substitue. Initially there was no 145. Alfau was a state champ @ 152 and made the weight in order to compete.

Thats incorrect, When Ga line up was released in early April Shakur was slated @ 138 and Alfau @ 145. Both wrestled up in their state tournament but opted to make lower weights for the dual. Shakur pulled out a few days before. Alfau and Shakur were at relatively weak weight in their state classes, Alfau won by major and Shakur pinned a freshman in 1st period. Cameron Perry @ 138 was the last minute fill in. Alfau was ranked ahead of Shakur last season when both were in same state class @ same weight. Shakur had a season ending injury. What I saw from Ga was a ton of potential but the conditioning of most was subpar, that could be factored by alot of things but the Metro Atlanta kids seemed to be in top shape while everyone else struggled late in each match

Kamaal is going to UTC. He is ranked #13 on intermat. He got hurt in the true 2nd match at Folkstyle Nationals. He was supposed to be at FILA Jrs this week too. Hopefully he will be able to wrestle at Fargo, but if not we are excited about him going to UTC!

2012 Folkstyle Nationals 4th place 126

2013 Preseason Nationals Champion 145

2014 Folkstyle Nationals 3rd place 145

2012 3rd place 6A State 145

2014 6A State Champion 145

Yes, 6 state classes up from 5 last season. There are some very solid teams throughout the divisions and a lot of talent and potential talent though. Football is king in the south and 6 state classes is great for football.

Looking at the state brackets, some of them only have eight kids. You can not blame the kids for the states decisions, I am sure some of the kids just want their state title as I am sure some want a hell of a lot more.

Do we know how many GA kids are wretling D1 in college, it looks like there are several good seniors moving on to college, not sure how much total exposure they have had. I think one of the uni kids was from GA