Sign in to follow this  
HenDog

Pico vs. Retherford

Neither Retherford nor Pico has been scored on in three matches so far. Zain has won by scores of 10-0, 10-0, and 10-0 while Pico has won by 11-0, 10-0, and 10-0. Can't be any more dominant than that.

Pico has Jamel Hudson next, then maybe Jake Short in the semis. Short won't just roll over. Zain has Ashnault then Valencia in all likelihood.

Short won't just roll over, but he will get steam rolled!

Ashnault also has two techs 10-0 and a bye.

Sarlet Knight, Retherford also beat Ashnault in free at the junior duals in '12. He's definitely favored over Ashnault but I'm hoping Anthony can get it done.

What was the score there?

From what I recall from the Dapper Dan, I think there were no takedowns, Ashnault escaped on bottom and Retherford got a reversal on bottom and won 2-1

Pico will destroy him most likely in first period.

Retherford was the 3rd best 141...and the only one Stieber couldn't bonus. His offense is lacking. Pico might beat him. But destroyed in the 1st? Not at all likely.

You sound like the typical internet troll.

I think Mitchell Port would have something to say about this.

Pico will destroy him most likely in first period.

Retherford was the 3rd best 141...and the only one Stieber couldn't bonus. His offense is lacking. Pico might beat him. But destroyed in the 1st? Not at all likely.

You sound like the typical internet troll.

I think Mitchell Port would have something to say about this.

My meaning in saying Retherford was 3rd best is that IMO only Stieber and Port were better.

It is my opinion that Retherford would beat both Carter and Henderson.

The Retherford-Ashnault match was certainly a contrast in efficiency. Ashnault with like 100 shots without coming close to scoring. Retherford with 3 shots resulting in TD, pushout, TD.

Looking forward to Pico-Retherford. Both guys unscored upon in this tournament. Both guys control the center of the mat like their lives depend on it.

I'm guessing Pico even though I'm a PSU fan. Anybody know what time the finals are?

The Retherford-Ashnault match was certainly a contrast in efficiency. Ashnault with like 100 shots without coming close to scoring. Retherford with 3 shots resulting in TD, pushout, TD.

Looking forward to Pico-Retherford. Both guys unscored upon in this tournament. Both guys control the center of the mat like their lives depend on it.

I'm guessing Pico even though I'm a PSU fan. Anybody know what time the finals are?

The finals are at 5 p.m. ET.

Retherford is good on his feet. Pico is great. Won't be close.

I don't know how good Retherford is on his feet. I also have no idea who'll win. I'm not in the prediction business.

Early in the year I just remember how Stieber was going to tech fall him...it wasn't going to be close yada yada yada. And even later in the year, Stieber won 2 decisions over the kid...the only decisions in his entire year.

I'll wait til after the final before I ask for your stock market predictions.

If anything this match will give us a good idea where Pico is relative to Stieber.

Also as much as I love Metcalf I do believe Pico can beat him just because free style suits him very well.

Maybe in the future, but right now, Pico is 17 years old. 17. Metcalf is his worst possible matchup because there is no way a 17 year old Pico is going to impose his sill and wear down Metcalf at this point in his development. I can see a very precocious techincal wrestler edging Metcalf out here and there despite still being a boy, but there is no way Pico is going to outMetcalf Metcalf himself right mow.

Seems like someone called me a troll when I posted that Pico would dominate Zain.

The kid did not even work up a sweat in his 7-0 win believe me this Pico is for real in free style its a shame we will not get 4 years of college from him but this kid will win a gold in the future .

What a complete ass-kicking. I was calling a 4 point win, so I was on the low end of the range, 3 away from 7-0, while you were on the high end, 3 away from tech.

I do think he could tech him next time.

I can't believe it was so lopsided. I expected Zain to at least keep it competitive.

Seems like someone called me a troll when I posted that Pico would dominate Zain.

The kid did not even work up a sweat in his 7-0 win believe me this Pico is for real in free style its a shame we will not get 4 years of college from him but this kid will win a gold in the future .

Pico did dominate. Retherford was fortunate to keep it to a decision. Pico did better than Stieber. So judging by this how does Pico fare against Logie Bear?

..and you're still a troll. A typical internet jock sniffer.

Pico would whip Marsteller right now. He would also literally kick his ass... assuming they did an MMA fight.

What a stupid post. Are you 12? "He'd kick his ass"? What does mma have to do with this?

+1

I didn't know who to favor but thought it would be close. Rather stunning IMO.

Both are Fila Cadet world champions. I like Pico 13-5 in freestyle

I liked pico by 8. Did not see the match how did the scoring go? Thanks

Complete domination by Pico. Two snapdowns to hi-c and one snapdown to spin-behind in the first period. A pushout in the second. 7-0. Retherford shot 9 times but could get no penetration. Pico dominated the tie-ups.