Sign in to follow this  
HenDog

Pico vs. Retherford

Both are Fila Cadet world champions. I like Pico 13-5 in freestyle

I liked pico by 8. Did not see the match how did the scoring go? Thanks

You suck, you missed it by one! ;)

Kudo's to getting the margin almost spot on..... where did you get the high scoring match given (Zain's) the background of the tactics?

Both are Fila Cadet world champions. I like Pico 13-5 in freestyle

I liked pico by 8. Did not see the match how did the scoring go? Thanks

You suck, you missed it by one! ;)

Kudo's to getting the margin almost spot on..... where did you get the high scoring match given (Zain's) the background of the tactics?

I watched a couple of Pico Cadets matches and as he controlled every match he would push the pace so much that a few of the wrestlers would catch his legs. Thought that might happen in this match. Thanks for the recap wrestling nerd. Pico is going to beat tsirtsis not a good matchup for Tsirtsis IMO. Like both wrestlers a lot.

Very impressive win for Pico, but it's not like Zain embarrassed himself. Only giving up 7 to Pico is no easy feat.

Pico shut down in the second because he hurt his ankle. He even called a timeout at one point in the second to recompose himself because his ankle was hurting so much.

Retherford is good on his feet. Pico is great. Won't be close.

I don't know how good Retherford is on his feet. I also have no idea who'll win. I'm not in the prediction business.

Early in the year I just remember how Stieber was going to tech fall him...it wasn't going to be close yada yada yada. And even later in the year, Stieber won 2 decisions over the kid...the only decisions in his entire year.

I'll wait til after the final before I ask for your stock market predictions.

If anything this match will give us a good idea where Pico is relative to Stieber.

I would suggest you buy a bunch of penny stocks.

Tbar,

I've seen you mention Retherford's size (or lack thereof) on several occasions. Do you believe that Pico had an unfair size advantage against Zain?

Tbar,

Are you serious? Every loss Zain has ever had is because of size. Pico 5 lbs smaller beats Zain. Its okay Zain is awesome he just got beat by a better wrestler at the same weight.

I think Pico had a huge advantage because of his entire focus on freestyle training, while Zain just came off a season of NCAA wrestling. I am NOT taking anything away from Pico, because he is amazing and deserves all the credit for his hard work and skills. I am just stating a fact. You think Pico would be as impressive if he wrestled HS folkstyle all season and THEN switched over to freestyle in less than a month? No way. Sure he would still be awesome, but he would not be in peak form and near as sharp.

A few weeks ago I watched a 13 year old 8th grader TECH FALL a junior in HS in a freestyle match and Greco. It was a beat down. That junior was a state runner up to Zeke Moisey at PIAA states this year! That 13 year old trains year round in Greco and Freestyle, while the Junior mainly focuses on folk style.

Tbar is absolutely the worst. He never met an excuse he didn't like.

I just call them as I see them, Mahty. I said that Varner, the NLWC wrestler, looked bigger and stronger against Michalek. Considering I was rooting for Varner, and not Michalek, was that an "excuse" or merely an "observation"???

Here is one more observation, you are still insecure about PA relative to Jersey.

I think Pico had a huge advantage because of his entire focus on freestyle training, while Zain just came off a season of NCAA wrestling. I am NOT taking anything away from Pico, because he is amazing and deserves all the credit for his hard work and skills. I am just stating a fact. You think Pico would be as impressive if he wrestled HS folkstyle all season and THEN switched over to freestyle in less than a month? No way. Sure he would still be awesome, but he would not be in peak form and near as sharp.

A few weeks ago I watched a 13 year old 8th grader TECH FALL a junior in HS in a freestyle match and Greco. It was a beat down. That junior was a state runner up to Zeke Moisey at PIAA states this year! That 13 year old trains year round in Greco and Freestyle, while the Junior mainly focuses on folk style.

Pico beat Retherford using moves that work in folkstyle. As I recall, there were no freestyle turns or freestyle specific situations that Pico scored off of in that match. Imo, there's no good reason for me to believe that Pico wouldn't have beaten Retherford had he been simply training folkstyle for the past year. A lot of American freestyle matches are really pseudo folkstyle matches. So many of the U.S.'s wrestlers don't think about exposure points, they merely go for the td. Well, at least it seems that way.

Pico made Retherford look bad that match. Retherford also made himself look bad by repeatedly taking those straight on shots. I'm not sure he created one decent angle during the entire match. Very poor technique. He'll never win another major tournament wrestling like that. When it comes time to win the major championships, more times than not, you can't get away by making those types of mistakes. Retherford found that out the hard way at ncaas.

Tbar is absolutely the worst. He never met an excuse he didn't like.

I just call them as I see them, Mahty. I said that Varner, the NLWC wrestler, looked bigger and stronger against Michalek. Considering I was rooting for Varner, and not Michalek, was that an "excuse" or merely an "observation"???

Here is one more observation, you are still insecure about PA relative to Jersey.

You have entire threads dedicated to your douchebaggery. You're full of excuses, and pathetically a homer.

On a side note, Dr Freud, how is one insecure about a state vs another state? Or is this more BS deflection from you in response to getting called out, yet again? You've grown too predictable.

You have entire threads dedicated to your douchebaggery. You're full of excuses, and pathetically a homer.

Yeah, because saying that Pico is bigger, stronger and dominated Zain is now considered douchbaggery. Only to some assclown from Jersey.

Yeah, because saying that Pico is bigger, stronger and dominated Zain is now considered douchbaggery. Only to some assclown from Jersey.

Tbar, would you say that Pico is better than Retherford?

Pico is no doubt a stud handled Retherford easily I was surprised by this mostly because I have not seen Pico wrestle before other than what has been posted of his matches at cadets where he looked far from invincible. I am not at all on the Pico train yet but very impressive win.

Tbar Jr. Speaks. Do they teach you guys how to rationalize your beat downs in PA? A HS kid just thrashes PSU's best, and you're saying the kid that's in high school had the advantage over the kid from the PSU room? Lol!!

Pico is no doubt a stud handled Retherford easily I was surprised by this mostly because I have not seen Pico wrestle before other than what has been posted of his matches at cadets where he looked far from invincible. I am not at all on the Pico train yet but very impressive win.

It was indeed a dominating win, and no doubt Pico is the real deal.

Tbar Jr. Speaks. Do they teach you guys how to rationalize your beat downs in PA? A HS kid just thrashes PSU's best, and you're saying the kid that's in high school had the advantage over the kid from the PSU room? Lol!!

Coming from the most worthless poster on this forum. It is impossible to have rational conversations with people like you. It must really suck going through life having so much hate for PA because we are the best state of wrestling. While Zain wrestled exclusively collegiate style all season, with great partners no doubt, he did not wrestle freestyle at all. If you can not grasp that I feel for you. And maybe you need to do some research who and where Pico goes with his coach to train with top notch freestyle wrestlers.

No dog in this fight, but the video I watched was pretty much neutral wrestling. Not sure style had much to do with those TDs.

So if it was a folk-style match you think we would get the same result? I honestly think not, I believe Zain beats him. PIco has not wrestled that type of match in some time, and Zain would expose him. Pico would probably never get off the bottom, and Zain is solid on the bottom position. Obviously Pico showed superiority in the neutral position, but there is more to that in a college match that come in to play. All I am saying is Pico proved he is better than Zain in freestyle no doubt, I just do not think he beats him in an NCAA match. Just my take.

I am not hating on Pico, because he is an amazing talent who looks to be untouchable in freestyle. I just selfishly wish he would wrestle in college.

Ok, let's compare who each guy trains with. I'll go first. Retherford has Cael Sanderson.

It's adorable when the PSU fanboys try to defend their heroes, despite all relevant information and what they see with their own eyes. They actually lie to themselves. Pico played with ZR, threw him all over with snap downs and basic finishes, yet they argue that Pico was lucky it's freestyle.

Too funny. Fight the good fight, "Chas". You keep wearing those Zain footie pajamas, and ignore what everyone else says.