Sign in to follow this  
nom

Semi results

Metcalf high crotch is awesome. Humphrey knew it was coming, didn't matter. 10-0 tech.

Kennedy looked great. I still remember him gassing at NCAAs vs Marion. Looks better now. Surprised at how easily he handled McDonough. Several double legs.

Can someone explain if there is a rule change for guys chest locking and rolling guys over as a defense against a double leg? Is the guy going for the double now getting backs in this situation? Confusion in the Gavin match. Reader pulls him up and over but Gavin gets 2. Wins 5-0. Reader initially awarded 4 but taken away.

Didn't the Foster/Ruth match end 13-12 with Foster getting 1 point for Ruth's corner losing the challenge?Although Foster would of won on criteria if it would have came down to it.

It is evident that Ruth will be the future here. This the best I have seen Ruth look in freestyle. He just lost 13-12 to our best 189 lb guy. Watch out at the trials!

And Varner just teched Winn 11-0 in like 39 seconds .I thought Winn had something here after watching him take it to Pendleton.

Can someone explain if there is a rule change for guys chest locking and rolling guys over as a defense against a double leg? Is the guy going for the double now getting backs in this situation? Confusion in the Gavin match. Reader pulls him up and over but Gavin gets 2. Wins 5-0. Reader initially awarded 4 but taken away.

If the guy shooting the double maintains the lock and control he gets the points, as in the Kennedy vs McDonough match. However in Readers match I thought they gave 1 pt to Gavin for the pushout before the throw occured... but not sure why Gavin got 2 pts. I kind of assumed they just screwed up the score clock.

If the guy shooting the double maintains the lock and control he gets the points, as in the Kennedy vs McDonough match. However in Readers match I thought they gave 1 pt to Gavin for the pushout before the throw occured... but not sure why Gavin got 2 pts. I kind of assumed they just screwed up the score clock.

Maybe Reader exposed on his way out of bounds? I remember thinking that was what happened as I watched it live.

I totally called Michaelek over Bergman too, but forgot to write it down:)

This isnt a done deal yer for VArner... I think hell win but Michaelek beat him last time out, he has that same upper body style that Varner struggles with sometimes.

Good call on Wynn! Varner keeps winning but for the last three Opens JD has gotten upset and Varner never gets to redeem his losses to JD back in 2010. Maybe Varner would have beaten JD now? I always pick JD over Varner because i still got their three matches in my head from 2010 where JD just out muscled him. Simply a bad matchup for Varner. I always pick against Varner but he has proved me wrong more than anybody. I bet money on Rowlands at the trials and lost. I have never picked Varner to win the big matches at the senior level but he keeps proving me wrong:-) I honestly am picking Michalek today because if he can beat JD like that then in my mind he should beat Varner.

Deron is about 5 7 with shoes on:-). Very short for 213 but about the same height as Yazdani. He is very strong I hear. Just ask Chris P whom Winn dominated. This is not a fluke for Winn. He was beat at last years trials by Michalek in a match he should have won: But Varner did destroy him easily though.

extra point to Gavin for Reader losing the challenge. PO + challenge = 2 pts.

If you start an offensive move in bounds, you can score it even if the defending wrestler goes out. Ex: Burroughs starts a double leg in bounds, his opponent steps out while being taken down. Burroughs gets the 4pt take down.

Reader himself stepped out in execution of the 4pt body lock and couldn't technically score any action after he stepped out.

EDIT: After rereading the question and reading the whole thread, 1pt push out, 1pt lost challenge. Reader's corner challenged the push out. The scorer's table initially put up the 4 blue too quickly, which adds to the confusion.