Sign in to follow this  
quanon

1 point takedowns

It looks to me from watching the US Open that there were multiple one point takedowns being given off of shots that are not finished.

I assume that these are "appreciation points," which used to be given only for lifts.

Here's the rule:

"1 point:

To the wrestler who applies a correct hold while standing on the mat or in the "par terre" position with three points of contact but who does not secure control by passing behind."

So, olddirty or anyone else know if there has been a point of emphasis on this?

Thank you for this. I was and am very confused. Can someone clearly explain this. I see things like someone in on shot, but opponent has a whizzer. No TD but 1 pt awarded. Huh?

Works well for throwing esp. In Greco par terre. Throw a guy but don't expose, get one point.

The way they called it in Fs here is idiotic. Fila as a whole is improving but they still have the tendency to make up stupid rules for absolutely no reason. Hopefully this crap just quietly goes away like the pass behind did.

Do "reversals" still get one point? You score a 2pt takedown on me, I scramble on top after you score, I get 1?

Also, I thought I saw someone get 1pt while in on a leg. Red shoots, Blue sprawls and hits a neutral exposure for 2pt, Red goes behind scores 1pt. Did I miss understand something?

Hopefully this crap just quietly goes away like the pass behind did.

Hopefully that's the case. I don't recall ever seeing 1 point moves being given out before for takedowns without control -- I figured the refs were told to emphasize it for this tournament. It adds a layer of subjectivity that I don't like.

Hopefully that's the case. I don't recall ever seeing 1 point moves being given out before for takedowns without control -- I figured the refs were told to emphasize it for this tournament. It adds a layer of subjectivity that I don't like.

They called it on the second day of the Women's World Cup, but not the Men's World Cup. Also, if you turn your opponent par terre and don't bridge, they are supposed to give your opponent 1 point (so you score it 2-1). It's in the rule book as of January but I haven't seen it called much.

They called it on the second day of the Women's World Cup, but not the Men's World Cup. Also, if you turn your opponent par terre and don't bridge, they are supposed to give your opponent 1 point (so you score it 2-1). It's in the rule book as of January but I haven't seen it called much.

that's crazy, could you imagine the refs enforcing this? wow. talk about subjectivity.

In reminded of Asgarovs match vs Kudukov, where he got a point for stepping on Kudukovs foot and causing him to stumble. No go behind, no throw, nothing. Now that was just a straight up mistake but thus rule encourages crap like that.