Sign in to follow this  
wrestlpsu

the tourney in vegas

this is the first time i have been back to this tourney in a few years.

incredible how not much has changed.

the lack of updated brackets is dumbfounding in this day in age,

what ....30 yrs after the invention of the computer !

yes....they are still being printed on paper with text so small you

need a magnifying glass to read...and on a wall with no lighting.

how difficult would it be to have a few large screen led tvs with

the brackets AUTOMATICALLY updated by a

COMPUTER

and the next matches displayed with the mat number ????

seriously, how difficult would that be ?

oh wait....we are talking about USA WRESTLING here arent we :)

there are 20plus mats going on at once.....

why not have say....all the freestyle matches on mats 1-10

all greco 11-whatever

all women whatever through whatever

heck no, they have them spread out all over kingdom come,

with no seemingly rhyme or reason to any of it.

maybe i am missing something, because nothing has changed in

the 15 years i've attended this event.

i guess im the only one who isn't "getting it"

everyone from the fans to the wrestlers are always in a state

of "what is going on next" mode...and where do i go ??

You are obviously able to post as you are watching. Why not use your SMART phone for something productive. I am watching for the next 3 matches up on each mat as we speak using trackwrestling. Try it out it's pretty amazing. You can even watch live scoring if the score clocks are to far away to read.

You are obviously able to post as you are watching. Why not use your SMART phone for something productive. I am watching for the next 3 matches up on each mat as we speak using trackwrestling. Try it out it's pretty amazing. You can even watch live scoring if the score clocks are to far away to read.

Why should you have to use trackwrestling when you are at the event watching it live?

Why should you have to use trackwrestling when you are at the event watching it live?

From a certain sense I agree (my friends will understand) but the point is in this day and age why wouldn't you use your phone? No need to have displays all over the place to point in all the different angles needed to find all the seats. You might want to look at one kind of display and someone else might want to see something else. You can find them all or at least a close approximation on line.

I use Trackwrestling all the time when I'm at events watching (and blogging about) them live, probably most notably the Southern Scuffle and NCAA's. In fact, I rarely even log into my TrackWrestling Gold account for events other than the conference tournaments that use Trackwrestling and the aforementioned events, despite the fact that I probably go to TrackWrestling's website nearly every single day during the season, and probably about once a week during the offseason, even during events that I'm attending.

gimp....you of all people know how easy this could be.

they use large screens now that show who is on what mat....

but no bracket.

i didnt really see anyone fumbling with their phones, most were straining to see the

large screen.

i think for the most part people dont want to futz with their phone when they

are at a live event......otherwise.....why go ???

gimp....you of all people know how easy this could be.

they use large screens now that show who is on what mat....

but no bracket.

i didnt really see anyone fumbling with their phones, most were straining to see the

large screen.

i think for the most part people dont want to futz with their phone when they

are at a live event......otherwise.....why go ???

I haven't been to Vegas in a while but they used to have stands all over the place. How many screens would you need and how many different types of displays and how far are the walls from those stands? Or do they have to leave the stands to find out this info?

You likely didn't see anyone straining with their phones either because 1) You don't need to strain to see your phone or 2) they didn't know where to look. I used mine throughout NCAAs. It was easy and I kept the Lehigh crowd up to date on on decks.

And you're wrong about what most people don't want. We've almost gotten to the point at the opens to not bother printing brackets. The coaches use their phones and are very happy to do so. I was passing out QR codes at several events and people are amazed when they see it. Sure many aren't used to it yet and don't know yet what it can offer them.