Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2017

David Taylor will beat Jordan Burroughs

How many people score ankle picks off Jordan Burroughs like that? That's not the counter-offense stuff that most international guys(including Dake) can capitalize on when facing Burroughs. That's not to say Taylor didn't counter-offense the **** out of some of some positions -- but Taylor ankle-picked Jordan Burroughs like he did Caldwell/Dake/Marable and most to everyone else he wrestles -- That effortlessness. As a younger but passionate wrestling fan, essentially drawn to the sport by DT, I'm gonna remember this one for a while

Burroughs is a machine! Is there a more mentally tougher wrestler in the world right now? Taylor is a stud and its a shame they both will compete with each other at same weight. I would love to see them spread out. Does he(DT) have the frame to move up to 86kilo?

Taylor needs to dig deep and pull these matches out. He could have beat Dake multiple times, and should have beat JB tonight. Keeps letting it slip in these big matches.

This is a good point. Not gonna rack up world medals by shrinking in matches

Burroughs is a machine! Is there a more mentally tougher wrestler in the world right now? Taylor is a stud and its a shame they both will compete with each other at same weight. I would love to see them spread out. Does he(DT) have the frame to move up to 86kilo?

He definitely has the frame to bulk up, since he is as tall if not an inch taller than Ed Ruth and maybe an inch shorter than Cael. He is really lean at 74 kg.

Even if he went up, do you really see him beating Ruth? I don't. I think Ruth is the guy at 86 if he sticks to it through 2016.

Burroughs is a machine! Is there a more mentally tougher wrestler in the world right now?

Watching Burroughs's post-match comments, I was reminded of a quote by Royce Algier on a Gable-era Hawkeye video:

He said, "we train our guys, so they don't just hope they'll win -- they know they'll win. Those guys are hard to beat."

Burroughs is so confident, so convinced he's invincible . . . that he is!

Even more impressive than his athletic ability is Burroughs' mental toughness. If USA wants Gold medals at this weight they want Burroughs or Dake. They both know how to win the big-time matchups.

I agree. Burroughs obviously is not peaking for US Nationals. He'll be ready for Worlds. He was down big, late in the match and just turned it on. Heart and will of a World Champ right there.

Has there ever been a wrestler who can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat like Burroughs? Taylor had him in bug trouble, Dake before that, Howe before that, but he always gets it done. Internationally Tsargush was 1 second way front beating him, Aliyev one video review away, Sanokev took him to 7-6, the Japanese guy had a big lead with seconds left... And yet Burroughs keeps ending up on top. It's unreal.

He may beat Burroughs but I don't see anyone taking his spot before 2016. Taylor and Dake may be getting better but it's not like Burroughs has plateaued. Burroughs has learned to peak for WTT/OTT and the world championships/Olympics, and I just don't see anybody getting the best 2 out of 3, AND placing higher than him at an international tournament (which would probably mean having to beat him again) to take his spot.

Not in the near future because Burroughs won't roll his head outside and cut to a single again...lol That was 4 of Taylor's 6 pts. Burroughs made it happen with not much time left and the last TD was no struggle at all.

I'mean sure JB will adjust, as will Taylor. It wasn't JB who rolled his head outside on the single. Taylor put his head in that position. The second time he did it with a beautifully executed stepover that looked like he had practiced it hundreds of times. Taylor came very well-prepared.

He won't if JB just sticks with the train doubles. I'm not sure what JB was doing not pulling the trigger earlier on those bad boys. He needs to forget rolling around with DT and just drive through the kid.

Not discounting DT as obviously he came to wrestle and is a great talent, I just feel JB didn't wrestle that match well strategy wise.

Anyone else notice that Taylor starts off in a very wide low stance? Hard to double... By the end, as pressure mounts and DT becomes more tired his positioning gets worse. On the last td he's pretty unbalanced and JB is kale to shoot to obe leg and one hip and just slide around him. Little things....

Anyone else notice that Taylor starts off in a very wide low stance? Hard to double... By the end, as pressure mounts and DT becomes more tired his positioning gets worse. On the last td he's pretty unbalanced and JB is kale to shoot to obe leg and one hip and just slide around him. Little things....

IMO, nothing wrong with Taylor's positioning on the last shot. It isn't like he is upright. What I noticed more than anything about that shot is 1) Burroughs is still lightening quick even that late in the match and 2) Burroughs is actually still in motion, still moving forward during the re start. You can see #2 pretty clearly on the replay. Burroughs has momentum coming forward, toward Taylor, as the official makes the re start. That little bit of momentum helps.

Someone else mentioned Taylor's position after the cradle, as if Taylor was in a bad position at the end of the cradle. I don't see that at all. It looks like if they were not out of bounds that Taylor could have rolled him thru again for a 2nd back exposure. I only looked at the second of the two cradles in making this judgment.

Not in the near future because Burroughs won't roll his head outside and cut to a single again...lol That was 4 of Taylor's 6 pts. Burroughs made it happen with not much time left and the last TD was no struggle at all.

Agree. JB is too smart to get caught in that move again. Taylor wrestled great but gotta go with JB as his offense is the best in the world.

This.

A few wrestlers have kept pace with Burroughs for 4-5 minutes. I can't remember a single guy that has stopped him in the last 60 seconds of a match.

DT looked like he banged his ear/knob up in his Semi as he keep feeling it. In the final he came out with a headgear on like he was going to wrestle with it then ditched it before the match started. Anybody know what that was all about?

DT looked like he banged his ear/knob up in his Semi as he keep feeling it. In the final he came out with a headgear on like he was going to wrestle with it then ditched it before the match started. Anybody know what that was all about?

I believe the opponent has to consent to wearing headgear for it to be allowed. My guess is JB gave DT the middle finger (figuratively) and DT had to take it off.