Sign in to follow this  
The_Education

best US freestylers, pound-for-pound

Analagous to Marcus Levesseur going undefeated on the Junior circuits of wrestling.

Wait til these guys face Senior competition - then we will see reality.

Very good analogy with Marcus Levasseur...another is Adam Mariano. He was the top recruit in the nation.......Cadet WC, beating Senior level guys from other countries...etc. Then..pressure, life, got to him and wrestling...over.

So, let's let these young guys blossom, before putting addition pressure on them...

I agree on Ruth being #1 here in a couple of years. He just gets to the lower legs like no one since Cael. Cael was the perfect size\kinda big for the weight. Ruth needs to fill out a little-he gets pushed around a bit and in freestyle you can't make up for it by rolling around. Even this year at trials I think Ruth gets it done. One intense month of rolling around with Wright, Varner and Cael is an amazing situation for him.

No way you can have Oliver over Russell.

Re: Ruth, he's perfect for folk, and has natural talent that's God given (he can tie his shoes standing up, as my old coach would say), but he's so sloppy.

The posts about pico are entertaining enough (although I think he will be one of the best ever for the US), but to say Ruth is sloppy and only wins in folk because of God given talent is absolutely laughable. And I am not even a Penn St. fan.

The posts about pico are entertaining enough (although I think he will be one of the best ever for the US), but to say Ruth is sloppy and only wins in folk because of God given talent is absolutely laughable. And I am not even a Penn St. fan.

Who said he only wins because of God given talents? He has certain attributes that the vast majority of his opponents don't have, his length being one of them. He's supremely talented, and some of that is genetic. You disagree?

Re: his being sloppy, from a freestyle perspective, given the level he's competing at, he certainly is.

The world heavyweight champ! That would be awesome. We surely will know where he is at..haha :) This would not be that big of a deal in russia with one of their 18 year old phenoms wrestling Burroughs. I hope this happens!

Snyder has to be pumped. What does he have to lose!!! He gets to wrestle the best wrestler currenlty wrestling and maybe the best of all time. The heck with Varner we will give him Gatsalov! I can't believe Gatsalov accepted!

Yes, they have both been great Junior and Cadet wrestlers.......when they start defeating our top, senior-level guys, then start putting them on your list.......TODAY, they don't beling on any list, because they are not taking on Senior talent.....Today, Snyder isnt beating a number of our top guys...Pico, is not beating Metcalf, Oliver, Russell, Kennedy and whomever else is on the list at that weight. AS stated in other posts, Pico is growing....This is going to be a big, big jump for him....So boys, relax with the speculation.

You don't understand this logic??                      

Snyder and Pico on your list? What a joke....

Retiredposter is a joke!