Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Purdue, WVU, Air Force, Campbell

It depends, as a coach, what you are looking for. If you want a career as a coach in a good working environment where you can have moderate success and keep your job and get decent recruits:

Air Force

WVU

Purdue

Campbell

If you want to make a run with less emphasis on stability:

WVU

Purdue

Air Force

Campbell

Make the most money:

Purdue

WVU

Air Force

Campbell

Let me know if I'm wrong.

My guess is why some of these coaching searches are taking so long, is that the schools aren't getting much interest from their "top choices" of qualified coaches. So the teams are reluctant to "settle" and are holding onto hopes of swaying somebody. I am probably completely false, but that's my suspicion.

who woulda put money on Campbell making the most flashy hire out of these 4? There is still time for the others schools to trump it, but as of now Kolat to Campbell is pretty nice!

Someone on the Indiana message board said Purdue is at lease considering staying internally with Pete Rodgers. But no conformation of that yet. Rodgers did lead DIII Lakeland to some national success, but he hasn't been at Purdue long enough to really show really how much impact he has had on their program.

Is Cunningham doing that well financially as an assistant at the premier collegiate program in the nation that he's not interested in being more than an assistant coach to a guy who is three years his junior and going nowhere anytime soon? I have to imagine that Casey could build a very competitive team in little time.

Is Cunningham doing that well financially as an assistant at the premier collegiate program in the nation that he's not interested in being more than an assistant coach to a guy who is three years his junior and going nowhere anytime soon? I have to imagine that Casey could build a very competitive team in little time.

I am only spit balling but both his Alma Mater(CMU) and MSU have head coaches that are getting up there in years. Considering he is from Michigan I could see him holding out for one of these positions to open up. I would love to see him at MSU but doubt he would go there. With UofM hogging the top in state recruits over the last few years CMU may need a new hire like him soon.