Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Purdue, WVU, Air Force, Campbell

WV wrestling forums list the final five are Roselli, Henson, Branch, Heskett, and Jones for the WV job. One poster claims it is Henson and will be announced today.

What I have pieced together as some of the final candidates for the Purdue job are Roselli, Ersland, Lanham

WV wrestling forums list the final five are Roselli, Henson, Branch, Heskett, and Jones for the WV job. One poster claims it is Henson and will be announced today.

What I have pieced together as some of the final candidates for the Purdue job are Roselli, Ersland, Lanham

Lanham was a former Purdue Assistant from some years back.

I can't imagine Henson being the first pick from that group.

I think the trick is to get Henson to stay in one place long enough to make an impact. He seems to be a flight risk.

Don't forget that he has always been an assistant in someone's else's scheme. He has yet to be the guy to call all the shots and develop a program as he sees fit. For one, I am interested in seeing what that is going to look like when he is given that opportunity.

Surprised to see Heskett and Lanham names listed for either. Both recently landed the head coaching jobs they currently hold. Seems a bit early to already be looking for a change??

Lanham is at Duke & from what I have been told they are not a fully funded program and have a limited budget. Heskett is at the United States Military Academy and that may be the most difficult place in the country to have an NCAA Champion. Between academics & military obligations it leaves little time for the wrestlers to train for wrestling.

With Henson supposedly getting the WV just it means means Rosselli's name is still on the table. Unless their is some other great candidate for the Purdue job we haven't heard about yet they needs to find the cash and support to lock him down now. That is if they truly care about being in the top half of the Big 10 wrestling standings.