Sign in to follow this  
Mat_Mopper

Legitimate Mark Perry Question

Did he drop to 165 to get away from Askren? Askren said he was talking smack about him (when Askren was a junior) and then we never got to see that match

He's obviously a great coach and I remember him being angry with Mocco for transferring, calling it a commitment

The iowa resurgence in my mind was all about the VT transfers (including brands). He nust happened to be the one good guy they already had.

It was believed by many he didn't go to Ok St because he didn't like what happened to his father (I respect that). I thought the whole throwing out silver medals story was corny and childish

Did he drop to 165 to get away from Askren? Askren said he was talking smack about him (when Askren was a junior) and then we never got to see that match

He's obviously a great coach and I remember him being angry with Mocco for transferring, calling it a commitment

The iowa resurgence in my mind was all about the VT transfers (including brands). He nust happened to be the one good guy they already had.

It was believed by many he didn't go to Ok St because he didn't like what happened to his father (I respect that). I thought the whole throwing out silver medals story was corny and childish

Yes, but dropping to 165 meant that he went against Hendricks. What was Perry's record against Hendricks?

Yes, but dropping to 165 meant that he went against Hendricks. What was Perry's record against Hendricks?

I was just wondering if there was any other reason that he went up a weight and then down. Not that going down a weight is bad, but it's weird if u move away from a guy you've been calling out

I don't know what he said about askren, but if u have recordings of the ncaas from askren's junior year, he talks about it. Must have been the quarter final round

I thought he bumped up to 74 as a soph to make the ovarell Hawkeye line-up stronger but I could be remembering things wrong. I do know that the top 3 at 174 that season all won titles the next year-he at 65, Askren repeated at 74, and Herbert moved to 84 and won it.

I thought he bumped up to 74 as a soph to make the ovarell Hawkeye line-up stronger but I could be remembering things wrong. I do know that the top 3 at 174 that season all won titles the next year-he at 65, Askren repeated at 74, and Herbert moved to 84 and won it.

Right and it that time seemed like both moved away from askren (even though they had hard finals, Hendricks and Varner)

Maybe he didn't talk to you because he feared getting hit with a chair.

And the reasoning for not talking to anyone else in the room?????

I am sorry, but I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read this......... :oops: