Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

We're a Democracy let's put it to a vote: DF

Ban,...hurts the forum with all his look at me posts, and adds no wrestling value

Funny you should say that. Over 4600 posts, and I can remember a single thing you've ever written.

Stays!

Wow, I'm flattered,...what is the single thing I wrote that you remember.

BTW, are you new,...I don't remember ever seeing you post?

A wise man, maybe as wise as HurricaneWrestling, once said, "If you were to meet a person who was the exact copy of you in attitude and personality, would you like that person?"

I can emphatically answer that question with a definite "No". I would actually hate me if I met me.

Despite my money and not needing to be a part of the working class, I am miserable. Those months when I "retired" from the forums I traveled to a majestic pacific island that was as close to paradise as you can imagine. Crystal clear blue water, white sandy beaches, sipping down Mai Tais while cradled in the bosom of hammock without a care.

Well guess what? Paradise got boring really fast. There's only so much lazing you can do despite being in paradise before it gets old.

That's why I have little hope. This is it. This is as good as it gets. Even if it gets better you will get used to that "better" and it will become your new normal. Being poor/middle class is your normal, being wealthy is my normal.

So whether I stay or whether I go won't make any difference. This is your normal now, if I leave you may rejoice for a while but soon enough you will get accustomed to a new normal.

You can't even begin to comprehend how much I hate this forum and anybody who replies to my posts.

I used to teach composition and humanities courses at Jess Dunn Correctional Center outside of Muskogee. One thing I learned from my students is that our needs and wants are exceptionally elastic. Why do perfectly straight men take male lovers in prison and get straight again when they are released? Why do prisoners who have forfeited their entire lives fear the hole? The answer is that, as DF suggests, the prisoners get used to a new normal.

At least, I thought this was true until a surgery left me with nerve damage and intense, unabating pain. Some things you can't get used to.

seems pretty overwhelming to me...you have to admit his analogy on his path to state champ is priceless.

and yes, while a few posts are kind of like, what? he's the most original poster on here. anti hero in nature.

Stay

Stay, gotta keep my biggest fan!

Thank you for your support, lewboo.

If I'm voted off the forum fairly according to the rules of this thread, will you help me change the rules so I can be voted back on to the forum?

If you don't like what's showing then change the channel, but otherwise I pretty much agree. I wished he realize his gimmick is tired, at least in my view, and retire it gracefully instead of wringing it out. I never find much value in DF's posts and I don't care for posts that are nothing more than bait to rile people up so I don't give them much of my attention. But at least they're usually offered for entertainment value which is better than some contribution by members on genuine wresting topics.

I do wish the mods would police and delete

*off-topic posts more aggressively

*create a "wasteland" type of forum disabling the ability to add new threads to it and move bait threads there

*actually warn and give members time-outs who want to drag every post off-topic or post wasteland material.