Sign in to follow this  
Quarterpound

simmons and metcalf, please go to mma... you'd crush.

You are both perfectly suited. simmons would crush at that weight with his reach and grappling ability.

metcalf would simply grind anyone he faced. who could go five periods like metcalf... nobody.

both would be immediate title contenders and both are too good for wrestling alone. I just dont want to see them go for another four years pushing this freestyle thing.

imagine brands in his corner... it'd be awesome.

thoughts...

I think they would do great. Metcalf would be a Chael Sonnen-like 145 lber. Big takedowns, big slams, insane strength, and nasty ground and pound.

Simmons would be nasty too for the same reasons, perhaps even better. At 125 he would be huge, and that weight class isn't really stacked. Plus Simmons has that long lanky body which will help him in the standup and submitting people. Teach him some front chokes and he would be nasty(ala Jon Jones) at them.

Ps:I'm typing this post anticipating it will get moved to the MMA section.

I think they would do great. Metcalf would be a Chael Sonnen-like 145 lber. Big takedowns, big slams, insane strength, and nasty ground and pound.

Simmons would be nasty too for the same reasons, perhaps even better. At 125 he would be huge, and that weight class isn't really stacked. Plus Simmons has that long lanky body which will help him in the standup and submitting people. Teach him some front chokes and he would be nasty(ala Jon Jones) at them.

Ps:I'm typing this post anticipating it will get moved to the MMA section.

Teach him some front chokes? Ha Ha he'sgot those covered. Teach him other submission,s he needs no help with the chokes.

I believe the East Lansing Strangler has proven he already knows how to front choke and in fact, didn't he rear naked choke an opponent a few years back and get dq'd at the NCAA's? Guys a stud, and I would pick him to have a great run, if he can strike and kick. You have to be well rounded to say the least in MMA these days.

Askren is pretty two dimensional (wrestling and jiu jitsu) and he is doing absolutely fantastic.   Of course you want to develop as much of a rounded game as possible, but I think we've seen if you are dominant at the ground game and can get your opponent there successfully, you can be very successful.  

I'd love to see Simmons stick with wrestling, his style is s ounique, but if not wrestling, I think he'd be fantastic in MMA.