Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

What happens first?

I would say Chance. In fact, I don't think it is even close. Metcalf is our guy through this Olympic cycle. I know everyone is high on Pico but beating Retherford 7-0 isn't exactly the same as beating Russell 9-0. Also, remember beating Metcalf only puts him on the U.S. team. He would then have to beat any/all international competition he faces to win a World level title.

Marstellar just finished his High School career not only undefeated, but he did it in PA in ridiculously dominant fashion. Up until his recent injury slowed him down, he was competing in and dominating large national tournaments as well. If anyone is DI ready right out of High School it is Marstellar. I would think his chances right out of the gate would be better at 165 but Dierenger at 165 tells us Marstellar will be at 174. I think Marstellar may redshirt this year which would help Pico's timetable a little, but Marstellar would still come into 174 with Storley, Kokesh, Evans, Brown and Wilps having just graduated. The way 174 clears out would leave it wide open for a Redshirt Freshman Marstellar to win a Title.

No way he can make 157? Coach Smith likes em lean.

If that is the plan, OkState gets high marks for keeping it quiet. I haven't read, nor heard, anything about 157 until you just posted it. I think his height would be more suited for 157 but he is pretty thick. Considering Marstellar defaulted on PSU due to an OLY redshirt denial, I can't believe he would want to beat his body down to a weight below the International 163.

I would say Chance. In fact, I don't think it is even close. Metcalf is our guy through this Olympic cycle. I know everyone is high on Pico but beating Retherford 7-0 isn't exactly the same as beating Russell 9-0. Also, remember beating Metcalf only puts him on the U.S. team. He would then have to beat any/all international competition he faces to win a World level title.

Marstellar just finished his High School career not only undefeated, but he did it in PA in ridiculously dominant fashion. Up until his recent injury slowed him down, he was competing in and dominating large national tournaments as well. If anyone is DI ready right out of High School it is Marstellar. I would think his chances right out of the gate would be better at 165 but Dierenger at 165 tells us Marstellar will be at 174. I think Marstellar may redshirt this year which would help Pico's timetable a little, but Marstellar would still come into 174 with Storley, Kokesh, Evans, Brown and Wilps having just graduated. The way 174 clears out would leave it wide open for a Redshirt Freshman Marstellar to win a Title.

MSU158 nailed it with this post. Well done.

If that is the plan, OkState gets high marks for keeping it quiet. I haven't read, nor heard, anything about 157 until you just posted it. I think his height would be more suited for 157 but he is pretty thick. Considering Marstellar defaulted on PSU due to an OLY redshirt denial, I can't believe he would want to beat his body down to a weight below the International 163.

When it was first rumored Chance was pulling his commitment and heading to Cowboy land I said it was likely related to Chance's desire to take a Olympic shirt for 2015 and Cael opposed it since there was little or less chance for Chance to make it with the talent he would have to go through.

Has this been confirmed as the reason for his exit??? I know his HS coach was hoping Chance would take his time to think things through and not make a decision he may regret later.

When it was first rumored Chance was pulling his commitment and heading to Cowboy land I said it was likely related to Chance's desire to take a Olympic shirt for 2015 and Cael opposed it since there was little or less chance for Chance to make it with the talent he would have to go through.

Has this been confirmed as the reason for his exit??? I know his HS coach was hoping Chance would take his time to think things through and not make a decision he may regret later.

I did a little research and that was a big rumor that Chance seems to have denied. In fact he seemed like he didn't want to discuss PSU at all and denied all rumors. He said he changed his mind because of how OkState has been producing at the International level, but he is still not sure what he wants to do as far as redshirts are concerned. I would take it with a grain of salt as he seems to not want to talk about PSU.

Here is a link to a small article about Chance. He doesn't appear to be media friendly.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/localsports ... marsteller