Sign in to follow this  
Brutus81

Will Logan Steiber be the worst 4-timer?

Pat Smith was the first to do it.

Cael Sanderson went undefeated.

Kyle Dake won it a 4 different weights without a redshirt year.

In what way will Logan Steiber's 4th title be unprecedented?

Of the fourtimers:

He will be the most disrespected for his folkstyle prowess or lack thereof.

He will have the most threads started about him losing hypothetical matchups.

He will have the most threads started about him being an unworthy 4 timer before he even becomes a 4 timer, plus plenty of them after the fact.

He will have the most internet trolls authoring threads about him.

In short, it will be unprecedented for the hate flung his way.

However, it may ease up over time (a little bit). That may depend on what he does in freestyle and if he goes into coaching and how successfully.

=====================================================================================

When ESPN was doing that extra special live broadcast with Gable and Kemp, when it became Logan's turn, the station pulled Gable and Kemp off that match and replaced them with an ACC guy or two, thus making the final about Carter as much as Stieber. So the story became, as that match unfolded, about how it appeared that Carter was biting off more than he could chew against Logan. But there was no real discussion about why that was the case and why that wasn't predicted. During the match, but belatedly, and sort of out of the blue, the play by play turned to some of Logan's international success.

It was weird.

People hate to say it but the next level defines the tie breaker. Many will argue that folk vs free garbage but for the sake of determing who is better you "got to" take into consideration the next level hardware ie Ness/Varner argument. How many 4 timers are Olympic champs? Cael is alone for now. If Steiber wins a world title then he is #2 on the list in my opinion.

Pat Smith was the first to do it.

Cael Sanderson went undefeated.

Kyle Dake won it a 4 different weights without a redshirt year.

In what way will Logan Steiber's 4th title be unprecedented?

What a bizarre way to think of a four-timer! "The worst of the bunch", really?

Of the fourtimers:

He will be the most disrespected for his folkstyle prowess or lack thereof.

He will have the most threads started about him losing hypothetical matchups.

He will have the most threads started about him being an unworthy 4 timer before he even becomes a 4 timer, plus plenty of them after the fact.

He will have the most internet trolls authoring threads about him.

In short, it will be unprecedented for the hate flung his way.

However, it may ease up over time (a little bit). That may depend on what he does in freestyle and if he goes into coaching and how successfully.

=====================================================================================

When ESPN was doing that extra special live broadcast with Gable and Kemp, when it became Logan's turn, the station pulled Gable and Kemp off that match and replaced them with an ACC guy or two, thus making the final about Carter as much as Stieber. So the story became, as that match unfolded, about how it appeared that Carter was biting off more than he could chew against Logan. But there was no real discussion about why that was the case and why that wasn't predicted. During the match, but belatedly, and sort of out of the blue, the play by play turned to some of Logan's international success.

It was weird.

Right on.

Lets go Eagles! ;)

Its pretty cut and dry here steiber lost to Taylor Dake beat Taylor Cael is Cael and recruited Taylor and Retherford beat Steiber Smith is Smith. all this equals Steiber as average at best if he had to wrestle Dake and Taylor.

One of his NC's resulted in essentially having a rule passed that would have cost him the match when it had occurred. I can't get over that JO had him beat...

Also, that he was able to get some good experience his true freshman year and still get a redshirt takes a bit away for me too.

Still definitely have a lot of respect, but i think the other three had more definitive careers.

More like the luckiest, Very Very Questionable win against Oliver as a Freshman and easily could have been called a pin for Ramos as a Soph but last year he was clearly the best in the weight class and next year he will probably be the best also.

^ lol you can't realistically say he could have been called stuck against Ramos. I would have been fine with 2 back points (I thought Ramos should have gotten them) but it wouldn't have impacted the end result. As for JO, I can't feel bad about that call. The ref yelled nothing for several seconds and JO didn't even attempt to move up or change his position. If JO had moved up even a couple inches I think they would've given it to him.

As far as Stiebers losses go, has anyone beaten him who he hasn't come back and beaten in return at a later date? Not sure if anything from his true freshman year counts on his record or not (I've heard it does and does not on this) but I think every loss after that has been avenged. Also, he will be the first B1G champion (assumed) for what that's worth?

Ya beat me to it Vak.

Steiber has a long way to go before catching Dake when it comes to losing hypothetical matchups

As far as I can tell Dake has yet win a hypothetical match. He's like bizzaro Cael.

Shoot I would take being the worst National Champ ever let a lone the worst 4 time National Champ. He would probably respond to this thread asking how many people talking about this were division 1 starters let alone all americans.