Sign in to follow this  
npope

What Happened to the "Pritzlaff to Rutgers" post?

This post, which was only first posted last night (April 30) and only had a couple of responses, is now gone. Additionally, the cited source for the content (The Star Ledger) has no active link to the report (although internet searches do identify headlines confirming that something was posted at some point).

What's going on with this situation and why all of the "disappearing" reports?

My guess is that it is not suppose to be made public yet. Rutgers probably sent out a media release announcing it but probably post dated the release and some media released it early.

It could be something as simple as providing Pritzlaff time to inform Michigan he will be leaving or providing time to address the team.

My guess is that it is not suppose to be made public yet. Rutgers probably sent out a media release announcing it but probably post dated the release and some media released it early.

It could be something as simple as providing Pritzlaff time to inform Michigan he will be leaving or providing time to address the team.

That might make some sense, but since when are the moderators of this forum in the business of purging the errors of other news outlets? Such reporting is called a "scoop" and I thought new outlets were in the business of reporting scoops. Also, its not like tons of other rumors surface on the forum and are left completely untouched. Why would this specific news item get such quick and special attention?

Back to the "rumor," one does indeed have to wonder as to the motivations. Looks like another lateral move on the surface, but maybe there is something additional in the pot to sweeten it for Pritzlaff, e.g. an offer of ascension to the head position in the near term? But then, the word on the street is that Pritz felt he had that same kind of commitment at Wisconsin before that deal fell apart for him. Fool me once, shame on you...

If the rumors are true I wouldn't be surprised if Hrovat is named the new freestyle coach and all the guys training at Michigan move to Colorado Springs

I don't think this would happen. All the guys training at Michigan are there because of Sean Bormet, and he's not going anywhere.

If the rumors are true I wouldn't be surprised if Hrovat is named the new freestyle coach and all the guys training at Michigan move to Colorado Springs

I don't think this would happen. All the guys training at Michigan are there because of Sean Bormet, and he's not going anywhere.

Mr Burns Sean is a great coach but hes on the Michigan staff and Andy Hrovat runs the freestyle club and if Hrovat leaves for Colorado so will the freestyle athletes Sean doesn't have time to run Michigan practice and run all the freestyle stuff

the thread you speak of has had its name changed to "any update on WVU?"

That is indeed the case. NJwrestlingguy was the original poster and he not only deleted the original post but he changed the thread title (for undisclosed reasons). He says that he made a mistake with the post but the fact is that it was a cut-and-paste from the Star Ledger with the reporter's by-line. As other posters have noted, there was something posted at the Star Ledger that has since been deleted.

I don't know what is going on here, but it smells a bit.

That aroma eminating from The Garden State is too frequently passed off as complex compostable materials when actually it's simple bs.

:) reminds me of this SNL weekend update gem:

Amy Poehler: New Jersey this week announced they’re searching for a new state motto. The leading suggestion so far: “New Jersey and You—Who Farted?”

Sounds like another parallel move?

I don't even think it's parallel. I think it's a step backward.

He'll be running that program before long.

this is the third or fourth time the same thing has been said. He might retire before getting that HC job.