Sign in to follow this  
meloserio

FILA Cadet Pan Am Games

Really excited to see this team in action. The most accomplished wrestlers seem to be Olivas for his world bronze last year and Manville. But Gfeller, Fix and Lamont all have Fargo titles on their resume. I also really like the coaches, Travis Paulson for freestyle and Danny Struck for Greco. I'm thinking all these kids might bring home a medal.

How about 13 golds for our boys? Cade Olivas, Daton Fix, Nick Lee, Mason Manville and Tyler Johnson all went 6-0 to claim double titles. Phenomenal weekend, and really looking forward to see who emerges in Akron!

Great performance by the guys

I wanna be optimistic about FILA Cadet World Team this year, but looking at PIco's bracket last year, you understand just how much of a style advantage the rest of the world has at this stage. Still, I think this team could be as talented a group that we've seen in years. Wouldn't be shocked to see 4-5 FS medals.

92.5- Phippen/Hayes

101- Olivas/Teasdale/Gfeller

110- Lee

119- Fix

127- N. Lee/Lamont/Townsell

138- Hidlay/???

152- Manville/Z. Valencia

167- Hall/Reenan/Breske

187- Johnson/Colbray/Benick

220- Benick/Smith

Trials will be fun

While it is a day before weigh-in, I would be surprised to see Spencer Lee down at 110 lbs. Pure speculation just based on the eye test

Rameses

In which case Fix would have to go thru Spencer Lee. Fix is a great wrestler, but Lee dominated him last year at Cadets.

Spencer will be at 110. im told the cut isn't a problem whatsoever.

he's said on more than 1 occasion that last year's worlds still weighs on his mind.

hope he wins it all this year.

People should go watch those matches from Fila Cadet Worlds. Spencer was right there with the top 2 or 3 in the world. I think on any given day he actually beats them.

After the stellar performance of our boys at the Pan Am games, two seniors about to graduate (Kyle Snyder and Bo Nickal) took home gold at the International Junior Champions tournament in Turkey. We already knew this, but Tom Ryan and Cael are getting some studs this fall.