Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

Wrestlers that will be in Foxcatcher

I believe the extra casting call went out to anybody who "looked like a wrestler" in Western Pa. So they didnt just use Pitt guys, but a lot of Pitt guys showed up because the filming was at the Peterson Events Center.

I'd imagine that student athletes should protect themselves by getting an okay from some kind of NCAA compliance process. Unlike other jobs, being in a movie means that you're being paid to have your image used. This might not imply that you're endorsing the product, but you never know how the NCAA might interpret it. It's best to get that in writing.

I wouldn't want D Fox pissed at me.

I've had the pleasure and privilege of seeing almost all of these gentlemen wrestle. I think it's an amazing tribute to Dave Schultz that they put a bus load of wrestlers in this movie. Just wish it would come out already!!!

I watched Mark's match with the Turk. I would pay an entire pay check to watch him and Cael in their primes weighing the same, just beat the crap out of each other, for about 1 hour. The Professor, had a few guys that I thought were his equal when he won his Gold, but Mark, was the best in the World in my opinion. I guess Captain Obvious here, but Mark was certainly close to Cael's level in folkstyle too. Freakin beast went after Mr Bannach and beat that brute!!! I've watched about 20 NCAA Tourneys, and there were a lot of absolute studs in those classes surrounding Mark.

I believe the extra casting call went out to anybody who "looked like a wrestler" in Western Pa. So they didnt just use Pitt guys, but a lot of Pitt guys showed up because the filming was at the Peterson Events Center.

I'd imagine that student athletes should protect themselves by getting an okay from some kind of NCAA compliance process. Unlike other jobs, being in a movie means that you're being paid to have your image used. This might not imply that you're endorsing the product, but you never know how the NCAA might interpret it. It's best to get that in writing.

The NCAA would have a hard time doing that because you're just a background person who stands there and has no lines. It would be different if you were actually an actor who had lines or played a role that wasn't "Wrestler #2" or something. Then you'd be making money off of your image beyond the scale minimum for extras. One of the guys I know who I've seen on the same sets with me quite a bit had the right look so he got bumped up to a speaking role, which means more money. If that happened then the NCAA might have some say, but as a background extra, it's not the same as being even a walk on or bit role. You may not even appear in whatever they're filming. Since we got to film at a resort with a faux beach last week and I was paid to relax and look like I was having fun, I didn't complain or care whether they got me in any shot or not.