Sign in to follow this  
snyderman

What do the $250+ beat the streets get me?

I hear I can watch the wrestling without getting a ticket so what's the deal with the expensive ticket prices? What kind of perks would I get by purchasing them instead of watching on the side lines from time square?

Thanks!

I hear I can watch the wrestling without getting a ticket so what's the deal with the expensive ticket prices? What kind of perks would I get by purchasing them instead of watching on the side lines from time square?

Thanks!

Typically there's a post match banquet and affair but this isn't about what it gets you. It's a benefit for Beat The Streets.

These aren't good apples-to-apples comparisons, but if it makes you feel any better:

• The average ticket price for a NY Giants NFL game is $334.

• Knicks tickets will set you back $150 on up to over $370 for "average" lower level seats.

• Yankees tickets? About $217. Remember, that doesn't include food, drinks, and a gala banquet.

• Rangers tickets are a lot cheaper, but to see a matchup along the caliber of bts will cost around $219 (I'd cite my source, but I'm over the posting URL limit) :(

• Limited-run Broadway shows can easily run $300-600 a pop :shock:

Granted, $250 is not chump change, but it doesn't seem so unreasonable relative to similar entertainment options in NYC, plus it's going towards a good cause for those who can afford it.

One question, does anyone know what the split between Flo and BTS is on the streaming revenues? I'm not sure if there's an industry standard or if Flo donates the proceeds to BTS after covering its costs, since this is a charity event and all..

Iron chef,

According to this the event will be streaming live on flo: http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... reets-2014

I'd assume you have to be a flopro member. I gladly pay my $20 a month to watch events like this. Beats having to get my butt from Jersey into Times Square and hope I could actually see the action. Go Flo!

According to this press release, it will be shown on NBCSN following Game 4 between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers in their Stanley Cup Playoff series. Set your DVRs.

http://btsny.org/news/520-nbcsn-to-pres ... sday-night

NBCSN to present Beat the Streets Team USA v The World wrestling meet Wednesday night

Published on Monday, May 5, 2014 | 3:50pm

Written By Justin Hoch

STAMFORD, Conn. – May 5, 2014 – 2012 U.S. Olympic gold medalist Jordan Burroughs highlights a field of top wrestlers in one of the world’s most iconic settings on Wednesday night, when USA Wrestling and NBCSN combine to present the Beat The Streets Team USA vs. The World international wrestling dual meet from Times Square in New York City at 10:30 p.m. ET.

The purpose of this event is to elevate the profile of wrestling and to raise funds to support the operation of over 140 youth development wrestling programs in New York City, serving nearly 3,000 student-athletes.

The event will air following Game 4 between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers in their Stanley Cup Playoff series.

The event features 11 top American international wrestling stars against a team of all-stars from around the world, set outside in the heart of New York City. Team USA’s accolades include a total of 14 NCAA titles, four Hodge Trophy awards, 12 U.S. Open titles, six World Team berths, six Junior World medals plus an Olympic gold medal, an Olympic bronze medal, two Senior World titles and a Junior World gold medal.

Three past Dan Hodge Trophy winners, given each year to the nation’s best college wrestler, will compete for Team USA. David Taylor won two Dan Hodge Trophies competing for Penn State. Other Hodge award winners include Burroughs, who wrestled for Nebraska, and Brent Metcalf, who wrestled for Iowa.

2008 Olympic bronze medalist Randi Miller will compete in a women’s freestyle match, as will 2012 World silver medalist Helen Maroulis.

Calling the action will be play-by-play announcer Jason Knapp, with color commentary from Olympic champion Rulon Gardner, and sideline interviews by Chris Mannix.

This is the third straight year that NBCSN has aired a major wrestling event affiliated with the Beat the Streets Gala in New York City, following “The Grapple in the Big Apple” from Times Square in 2012, and “The Rumble on the Rails”, which featured a historic USA vs. Iran dual meet from Vanderbilt Hall in historic Grand Central Terminal in 2013.

Awesome broadcast! Rulon was an excellent analyst. Great matches. As for those not shown, I'll check them out when available.

Nico had a great front row seat. He really does look 15 or so.

Puck the Penguins.