Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

I am not sure the Maryland and Rutgers fans realize....

While UM has not been overly impressive the last few years, they are indeed stocked with a lot of talent at this point. If they don't turn the corner big time this coming season, then I think people should be asking some questions.

^^I think one problem that the Univ of Maryland has, that could make B1G success quite hard to obtain, is that fact (according to 2013 Washington Post articles) that a former UMD AD left the Terps athletic dept with a high debt load. Assume UMD athletic dept also might be taking another hard economic hit, pending payment of large fee over leaving ACC. I simply don't get the idea that the UMD athletic dept is now in a position to afford overall B1g athletic success. Time will tell.

I'm not bringing Michigan down, just stating the facts. You act like Michigan is on par with Iowa and PSU when the last 5 years have proven they aren't even close. If you want to live in the past that's your prerogative.

When Goodale took over Rutgers had 4.2 scholarships and were considering dropping the program. What got your panties in a bunch was when NJWC stated that Michigan now has nothing on them as a program. He meant in terms of scholarships, conference, ability to land blue chip recruits. Get off your high horse because really, your horse ain't all that high to begin with.

Attaboy, AP! Y'really took some risk on that "prediction."From my saddle, as expected, each time I look over the Garden State, the view is cluttered with chicken **** in various forms and matter of decay....

You're a class act ref. Keep representing your state well.

While I might appreciate your sentiments in the above, I am also quite certain you are incapable of understanding let alone appreciating how little I value your opinions.

i dont see Rutgers getting to the top 3 level anytime soon. after 10 years tho is anyone's guess. if recruiting picks up i can see RU being competitive in 5 years. then if the right circumstances come together they MIGHT pull of an upset against a Minny, PSU or Iowa. I wouldn't bet on it tho.

but i wouldn't measure RU's success on those terms. i'd rather take a holistic approach and judge the process, not the results.

Maryland's had more recent success but are in a bit of rebuilding phase. Debbie Yow did put the whole department in quite a bind. she was great at spending money to improve the non revenue sports (and the Terps had some GREAT soccer, lacrosse and field hockey teams) but her plan was to underwrite everything with Basketball and Football money. unfortunately those teams responded with some historically bad years and the revenue streams dried up as the debt piled up. the habitually vacant Tyser Towers on the football stadium are kind of an embarrassment.

both teams are in a much better place by being in the Big Ten. its absurd to think they are in "trouble". theyre going to lose a lot off dual meets but the teams aren't going to think twice about switching conferences. nothing but fun times ahead in the mid atlantic if you ask me.

Wreferree, yet you ask twice for my prediction? Makes sense smart guy.

Yes and it's both humorous and sad to observe the length, breadth and hue of that yellow streak. down your back intensify......So one mo' time---How many seasons?

So you don't value my opinion but yet again you ask for it? Before i give it to you i need you to clarify, are you asking about Minny (like you asked in your original question) or Michigan who the entire thread is actually about? I assume you meant Michigan but your obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed so who knows.

Do you think I'm scared to make a prediction? Let me guess...you're 12? I think it will take awhile. Michigan is a pretty good team and they are definitely ahead of Rutgers at this point. But the point is, the field, in many regards, has been leveled. Rutgers now has 9.9 scholarships and a conference the best kids want to wrestle in. I can see them beating Michigan in the next 5 years. With Ashnault, Camp

Perrotti, they could do it next year. If Stanford, a team who placed below Rutgers at NCAAs can, why can't they?

Don't bet on Camp. He's a tease. I'll gladly eat crow if Pritzlaff is able to get him to give a more consistent effort but that remains to be seen.

UM still has Hrovat and Bormet to go along with Joe Mac and is poised to have a fine season next year.

Rutgers fans also have every reason to feel good as Pritzlaff' has done excellent work in his previous stops.

What a dumbass topic followed by a plethora of dumbasss posts. What are we stupid here in New Jersey? We don't understand the toughest wrestling conference in the country? Let me guess - we don't understand SEC football either? I'm convinced the wrestling "fans" in this board are overwhelmingly frustrated jag-offs looking for a keyboard fight to reclaim their glory days.

MSU - you've really gone down the drain. Need to engage? No friends?

Wreferee - complete loser hiding behind big words?

Give it a rest gals.

What a dumbass topic followed by a plethora of dumbasss posts. What are we stupid here in New Jersey? We don't understand the toughest wrestling conference in the country? Let me guess - we don't understand SEC football either? I'm convinced the wrestling "fans" in this board are overwhelmingly frustrated jag-offs looking for a keyboard fight to reclaim their glory days.

MSU - you've really gone down the drain. Need to engage? No friends?

Wreferee - complete loser hiding behind big words?

Give it a rest gals.

Do you think the format of your response hurts or helps your point? Go back and read my topic starting post(notice I say I am not sure, which is different than I know, let alone, I think)again. Where in it do I insult anyone? Where do I insult Maryland or Rutgers. I simply thought several Rutgers fans who post on here may need to temper their expectations a bit. Rutgers has yet to perform at a level that would put them ahead of the 9 teams I ranked.

Why do so many on here have to get personal and insulting when they read something they don't like? Is it possible to disagree without making it personal?

I simply enjoy talking wrestling and with it being the off season I thought a topic where Rutgers is being compared to UofM would be a good one.

You want to make it personal feel free. I, on the other hand, will take the high road........Good luck to Maryland and Rutgers!!!!

I won't make this personal. We do not personally know each other to actually be able to accurately do so. As long as you select few try to it will be a one sided attempt.

I am sorry that an innocent attempt at making a topic bothered some of you so much. I stated a half hearted opinion and you guys flew off the handle. I insulted no one and no school. If you feel your opinions of your school are above reproach I apologize if my even making this topic offended you.

The funniest part of all this is I am the one defending UofM. If you went to MSU or, more importantly, wrestled for MSU you would realize how hard that is to do.......

Actually you are the one who made it personal when you called out Rutgers fans for supposedly not realizing how tough the big ten is. Like you needed to put these fans (even though you were really only talking about one person, NJWC) in their place.

Actually you are the one who made it personal when you called out Rutgers fans for supposedly not realizing how tough the big ten is. Like you needed to put these fans (even though you were really only talking about one person, NJWC) in their place.

Saying I am not sure some people realize something is "calling them out" or a personal attack?

I am sorry but I don't think that compares to saying I am a frustrated, insecure jag-off gal with no friends.

This is going nowhere. I have even said I would be happy if Rutgers does well.

Also, how hard would it have been to show some class and simply say, "I think you are wrong! I know how hard the B1G is but I welcome the challenge. I feel Rutgers is on the rise and entering the B1G will simply spur them onto better things."