Sign in to follow this  
LImartin

Dylan Palacio to Cornell

Dylan Palacio/ Long Beach HS- Long Island, New York

Dylan caps off an undefeated folkstyle season with wins in both freestyle and greco -BECOMING a Triple Crown winner in NYS.

Palacio had memorable wins this season over NYS Champion/ Brian Realbutto - beating undefeated NJ State Champ Rashmiah Bethea (the battle of the "O" must go") and capping it off with a Va. Beach Senior National Folkstyle Championship.

Palacio is on a mission to raise his game at Cornell- his favorite wrestler is Kyle Dake and Im sure he will get "tooled" many times by Kid Dynamite in the Wrestling Room. BTW- The Palacio name- goes back to the days when 2X NCAA AA Albierto Palacio was room mates with a guy named Rob Koll at the Univ. of North Carolina.

It was my pleasure watching Dylan since he was a peewee- and hope that he reaches his dream of becoming a NCAA Champion. IMO- He is going to the right place to accomplish this.

His timing to wrestle at CU is pretty good but he'll have to outwrestle some very good kids to see time early.

I think Realbuto moves to 149 or 157 and I think Palacio moves to 157 or 165. Problem is either has to beat out Villalonga or Peppelman in their Junior year which may be tough. I like Realbuto's chances of 149 if he does not add too much weight.

Also, you have Cisneros who will balloon up to 149 after his grey shirt year. It will be interesting to see how Taylor Simaz comes along as well at 165-174 or so. This leaves (a hopefully fully grown) Mark Grey at 133 for a while. They have Garrett, Richardson and Bricker Dixon at 125 which makes them rock solid at that weight for some time.

Not sure where Nick A lands (currently at 133).

I was anxious to watch Palacio wrestle because I remember his uncle as well as an undefeated NYS champ with a win over a real tough Realbuto says alot. After I reviewed the match against the NJ champ, I found it wasn't as dominating as I had read. As a matter of fact, the NJ kid has two takedowns to none and was in a good position to win the match if he was in shape. I like Palacio's physical style but his lack of leg attacks in this match showed to be a potential weakness. He obviously will have to improve on this at the next level. Maybe Palacio's strength is on top because he did look tough there but again, it looked like Bethea thought he could hang out on bottom and finish the third. Unfortunately for him, Palacio finished the third with the pin.

The NY kid's show after the match are another thing. As much as I like the tough, physical effort he gave, I hate the nonsense and poor sportsmanship he showed after the match. Division I has a way of humbling kids like this and hopefully it works in this case.

3-WEEKs away from their State Tourney.... NJ wrestlers "out of shape". So, this is the REASON you got beat by New York- AGAIN !!....LOL....and the Sun was in your eyes....AND you tripped on the mat seam. How many matches did Bethea lose this year...How many times did he get decked ???.

Palacio did get taken down - the second time all year..lol....and his METHODICAL - style of wrestling owned Bethea. There was no doubt about the outcome. I hear that CONDITIONING - is part of this Sport.

btw- "on leg attacks"....hmmm ??? A kid named Dake has made a living on other's mistakes.

scribe,

He DEVELOPED leg attacks. The Dakemeister has always feasted on other's attempts....and now can roll either way. 10-6 or 1-0.

I agree that Dylan Palacio- will have to find more scoring attempts at this new level and he will find enough technicians in his room to develope these skills.

He threw a "thank God Bethea was out of shape because he was whipping me" party.

LOL - I love how the NJ guys throw out this BS how their guys were "out of shape" during the dual meet....hilarious. What I find most startling about that huge lie is that the Jersey state championship was not very long ago before that dual. How on earth do those Jersey kids fall out of shape so fast after the season? :roll:

Also, I remember prior to the event how most every NJ poster predicted that NY would be lucky to win 1 match ....many said it would be a shutout. Yeah, Bethea, undefeated state champ from what NJ guys here claim is the second toughest state is a gasser...wow, who would have known :shock:? These NJ homers are almost as bad as the David Taylor fans who still make excuses after getting thrown around by Dake like he was a high school kid. Oh yeah, David Taylor doesn't workout with weights and is so weak....funny how Dake moves up a weight class and is still dominant yet it is Taylor who is still too weak even though he is a 165 lber.........unreal. Well NJWC, the REALITY is NY 2 - NJ 0. You guys better start getting in shape NOW for next years dual meet.

Also let the record show that the majority of NY posters also felt NJ would walk all over them, including LIMoron.

This was NY's Super Bowl, and their kids showed up. Good for them. The NJ kids didn't take it nearly as seriously, and I know of at least two of the boys who didn't train following the NJ state tourney. Three weeks of nothing? You can get out of wrestling shape pretty quickly.

Also let the record show that the majority of NY posters also felt NJ would walk all over them, including LIMoron.

This was NY's Super Bowl, and their kids showed up. Good for them. The NJ kids didn't take it nearly as seriously, and I know of at least two of the boys who didn't train following the NJ state tourney.

"Three weeks of nothing? You can get out of wrestling shape pretty quickly"

We hold the same kind of deal between Oregon, Washington and California. And all 3 states have different time-lines for their seasons. As a result, the wrestling, results, and "fitness" of the wrestlers is a wildcard !!

Can a guy get out of shape in 3 weeks? HELL YES!! Gaining weight for one. What was the allowance at this NY/PA deal .. Ours was 8lbs!! Some of the little guys looked fat .. Just water weight alone, can mess a guy up. Wrestling hydrated, and 6-8# heavier is tough, your balance is off, and movement is different.

SO, let me get this straight -the Jersey wrestlers werent prepared- "cause they were out of shape"...one week prior to the Va Beach National Folk Tourney and the FLO National Tourney....or is it quite possible that they just got flat-out BEAT ???

That ALL-STAR Team was one of the BEST ever put together out of New Jersey- and in prior post New York could have sent two or three other Teams that were comparable or BETTER than the one suited up in Clarkstown.

Let's hear next year's excuse now......so, we can get it out of the way. New York will be 3-0 ..."TAKE THIS TO THE BANK"

MAYBE, it is time to wise'n up on New York wrestling and wrestlers....Goodale understands- where to look for wrestlers. BTW- you will see the WRATH of New York wrestling next season in College DI...AND it is apparent it is stronger than I thought.....when kids like Piccininni- Restrepo - Koll- are beating up upperclassmen- than I have to accept other's ignorances.

Well, the majority of the NJ team will be back, since the team was extremely young, correct? Throw in that Ashnault and TJ Miller (who is better than Richardson) will/should be on the team (and assuming you are no longer pulling in grade school kids from NJ to wrestle NY HS state runner ups), I think NJ will be just fine.

Something tells me they won't take it nearly as lightly next year, either, lol.

No excuses, congrats to the NY kids. Just don't pretend NJ wasn't the overwhelming favorite, in EVERYONE'S book (including the idiot himself).

When do you think you'll start to honor your bet, and get off the big boy boards, Marty? Do you have no shame at all?

and if, Peacock or Koll comes to the match we win 112.....Nevinger/ Paddock/ Locke...then it gets ugly for the Jersey All Stars.

The only people OUT OF SHAPE are the excuse makers.

Binghamton/ Cornell/ Hofstra/ Buffalo......You better start counting the New York State starters- and do a little comparison on Rutgers, Rider, Princeton and we'll count the DI NCAA AAs next season.

Well, the majority of the NJ team will be back, since the team was extremely young, correct? Throw in that Ashnault and TJ Miller (who is better than Richardson) will/should be on the team (and assuming you are no longer pulling in grade school kids from NJ to wrestle NY HS state runner ups), I think NJ will be just fine.

Something tells me they won't take it nearly as lightly next year, either, lol.

No excuses, congrats to the NY kids. Just don't pretend NJ wasn't the overwhelming favorite, in EVERYONE'S book (including the idiot himself).

When do you think you'll start to honor your bet, and get off the big boy boards, Marty? Do you have no shame at all?

Man, NJWC you are pretty pathetic. The Jersey kids took the NY/NJ meet lightly? Really? So the Jersey kids weren't fired up or excited to tie the series up? That wasn't motivation enough? Oh, and the NY State tourney was done 1 week before the meet so if anything, the NY kids should have been in worse shape than the NJ kids. So the Jersey kids took us lightly? So is that going to be the excuse whenever you guys lose? Wow, how 5th grade of you. How original! Hey, if NY loses next year that's what our kids will say....but let me guess, that excuse won't cut it for our kids right? But the Jersey kids can use it? Pathetic and to be honest, completely disrespectful especially toward those who actually took the time to put the event together. I guess the people of NJ don't consider the cause of the even to be worth while enough to put their full effort into it? I guess the NY kids respected the memory of Adam Frey a lot more than those from Jersey? NJWC, no matter what you say now you have painted yourself into a corner.....have fun trying to get yourself out of it. To the Frey family....we loved Adam and we honor his memory.

Wrestling hydrated, and 6-8# heavier is tough, your balance is off, and movement is different.

Geez, back when I was wrestling, -6-8# was the difference between the day before a match, and the day after! :roll:

I hear ya buddy !!! Particularly "water weight" .... 1gal H20 = 8lbs.

Gawd ole Mighty, did we ever dehydrate !!! (1970's)

Kurgan, I take it you're a bit of a kook? Flip out much? Overreact much?

I have coached two of the kids on the NJ team, neither of which trained following the NJ State tourney until the Friday prior to the event (which was a Sunday). They did so to control their weight, nothing more.

To pull Adam Frey into this in some way makes YOU look pathetic, to be honest. What a ridiculous reach that was, during an even more absurd rant.

Again, everyone assumed NJ would roll right through that team, INCLUDING THE NY FANS. That's what made it such a historic upset, and why you guys are beating your chests right now.

The fact is, NJ led nearly every match, and it was obvious that conditioning was the one area the NY kids had the advantage. To that I say good for them, they clearly wanted it more. Do you know so little about the sport that you need this explained to you?

Again, I don't think most of the NJ kids realized this was such a big deal to the NY squad, and I doubt you'll see the same issue next year (when most of the NJ team will be back).

Marty, Calas wouldn't be the underdog against Peacock or Koll. Calas is pretty good himself and could end up being a 3 time state champ. I wouldn't just assume Koll or Peacock would beat him. Not saying they couldn't or wouldn't, but at best it is a toss up.