Sign in to follow this  
Holden C.

VA. Beach Duals

It looks like they have over 100 teams in H.S division and over 200 total teams in the 3 age groups. After dominating last year and entering numerous teams I do not see the Young Guns registered. Is there a back story to this? Could they be concentrating on FILA Cadets? If so does this mean PA will be a force at the Cadet & JR. Duals and Fargo?

It looks like they have over 100 teams in H.S division and over 200 total teams in the 3 age groups. After dominating last year and entering numerous teams I do not see the Young Guns registered. Is there a back story to this? Could they be concentrating on FILA Cadets? If so does this mean PA will be a force at the Cadet & JR. Duals and Fargo?

Take another look

Great weekend of wrestling! Before I start this let me just say, Yes I know its memorial day weekend and yes I realize there was 60 mats on Sat/Sun. My only complaint/gripe is using "College Rules" (Except for riding time) and having officials clueless to actual college rules. Maybe they need to run a rules clinic for the officials on Friday morning or something, also it was more then one official. Witnessed a kid winning a match 7-3 to start the 3rd period. Got reversed to his back and gave up 4pts. Lost the match 5-7?!?! The match should have been going to OT. Never before have I seen a wrestler lose pts during a match. PA teams looked tough in the High School division.

Great weekend of wrestling! Before I start this let me just say, Yes I know its memorial day weekend and yes I realize there was 60 mats on Sat/Sun. My only complaint/gripe is using "College Rules" (Except for riding time) and having officials clueless to actual college rules. Maybe they need to run a rules clinic for the officials on Friday morning or something, also it was more then one official. Witnessed a kid winning a match 7-3 to start the 3rd period. Got reversed to his back and gave up 4pts. Lost the match 5-7?!?! The match should have been going to OT. Never before have I seen a wrestler lose pts during a match. PA teams looked tough in the High School division.

46 mats.

To my knowledge, it was only college out of bounds rules (not that that would change your point about there being a problem if the refs didn't know those rules).

Not sure about your point with the scoring in that one match. Sounds more like someone (scorer, ref, coach?) didn't know what the score was and they didn't correct it than about refs knowing the rules. I'm not trying to criticize you on this just asking since I am involved (I'm just the computer guy) and am willing to talk to the actual organizers about things if it would help.

Didn't hang around long enough for finals, but am anxious to see the results.

I did take note that the Griffin Select vs Shore Thing has Pletcher getting majored 15-6. After seeing the chaos of how things ran, I highly doubt this score is correct, but I could be wrong.

I did take note that the Griffin Select vs Shore Thing has Pletcher getting majored 15-6. After seeing the chaos of how things ran, I highly doubt this score is correct, but I could be wrong.

The score was correct. I was working the table.

Pletcher was in a very close match with the NJ wrestler (who is pretty darned good BTW). During a move which resulted in Pletcher being reversed and put onto his back, his knee was hurt. Pletcher finished the match hobbled and gave up some more points. He did not wrestle in the finals.

The score was correct. I was working the table.

Pletcher was in a very close match with the NJ wrestler (who is pretty darned good BTW). During a move which resulted in Pletcher being reversed and put onto his back, his knee was hurt. Pletcher finished the match hobbled and gave up some more points. He did not wrestle in the finals.