Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Hello? Anyone working on the system problems?

In case an admin reads this, you can solve the problem from the command line like this:

Pretty sure the admin is on vacation. This has been going on for a long time now. ;)

and once again, it took multiple logins and an error message to post these two replys :twisted:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1332: include_once([ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1332: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/functions_messenger.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')

Well ... OK !!! I thought it was just me?? What is weird, My olde PC is still up and running as I still have to get stuff off it, and it does not show this same error, and Gobbly Goop ..[/quote]

What these errors mean is that there is a file called functions_messenger.php which exists, but which the web server cannot read. In case an admin reads this, you can solve the problem from the command line like this:

cd 
chmod a+r includes/functions_messenger.php

If you don't use the command line, the same thing can be done with an (S)FTP client. Change the file permissions so that it's readable by all users.

Geek!

height=300http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0503xXx-IwM/TicRk0b_3RI/AAAAAAAABAo/BxpGq6IGAYY/s1600/NerdAlert.jpg[/img]

and once again, it took multiple logins and an error message to post these two replys :twisted:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1332: include_once([ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1332: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/functions_messenger.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')

Well ... OK !!! I thought it was just me?? What is weird, My olde PC is still up and running as I still have to get stuff off it, and it does not show this same error, and Gobbly Goop ..[/quote]

What these errors mean is that there is a file called functions_messenger.php which exists, but which the web server cannot read. In case an admin reads this, you can solve the problem from the command line like this:

cd 

If you don't use the command line, the same thing can be done with an (S)FTP client. Change the file permissions so that it's readable by all users.

Geek!

... pot calling the kettle...

anyone on the geek squad :geek: care to comment on this error message? There can't possibly be too many

user connections this time of year.

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User 452293_wnation2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

anyone on the geek squad :geek: care to comment on this error message? There can't possibly be too many

user connections this time of year.

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User 452293_wnation2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

The connections are probably hanging around too long. They should probably lower KeepAliveTimeout. If necessary, they could lower MaxClients, too, since it's better for someone to miss a pageload here or there than for the system to get tied up. But that's not addressing the actual problem, if the traffic isn't that heavy.

USA wrestling is working on fixing the problem as you can see.

They have put their best man on the job:

LL

I suspect the dog is smarter then the MOD's or Admin on this site.

HEY !!! Guys, or gals ... get off you butts and fix this damn thing! Hello ... is anyone there? Wake up... What the heck ??? Are you on vacation? did everyone get laid off? Or you just don't care?

I swear... If I treated my customers with this level of service, (or should I say "Lack of") I would have no customers, nor a job. I am in the "Service/Support" environment, and my clients expect 100% up time, and service.

I serious here. It get's really irritating when I can't post. Have to log on every single time I try to do anything etc ... and more then 1/2 of my posts don't stick.

If anyone is there .. just at least give us a ping, To let us know you are alive. Maybe we need to send the Geek Squad to bail you out? The fact we have had no acknowledgement is pretty bush league. At least let us know you are there?

I've been on this site for a long time (early 90's) and this is the worst.

This is clearly a configuration problem. The default include path is in error.

If that was the case, I believe the warning would be, "No such file or directory". And a lot of other files wouldn't be found, which would probably bring the site down.

Come to think of it, though... why is the site set to display errors, anyway? Hey admin, look for something like this:

ini_set('display_errors', '1');

and either delete it or comment it out while you're not actually testing.

I've been on this site for a long time (early 90's) and this is the worst.

Memory check: Joe Lareau created The Mat in '95. Anyway, at least they're not deleting criticism like this, anymore.

My bad .. :o I knew it was about the time I bought a new house, and was setting up my network and stumbled onto a Local Web site (Washington Wrestling Report) and also The Mat. Which was early Mid 90's. Regardless, the point still stands ....

What is disconcerting.... No return dialog at all, nor update messages etc ... And as far as the criticism ... This has been going on for at least a month, if not longer. Now .. it appears people are "home" as the updates, articles, and news is updated, refreshed etc ... So someone is adding content, articles, stories and results.

What is interesting several folks are suggesting "fix's" and solutions. I'm not a Web Master, yet it appears that there is a logical fix/process to clean up the errors.

I hit up this site probably 3-4 times a day, throughout the day, every day. As well as our local site. It would be nice to get it fixed. Please? I would really appreciate it.

A few things struck me.

First, the name 452293_wnation2 isn't the sort you give a database on your own system. That's a 8-character name with a generated prefix, which means the site is on shared hosting. That means they can't change the Apache configuration, so the SQL ERROR problem is one they'd have to complain about to their provider (which appears to be Rackspace). Odds are Rackspace isn't going to change a global setting on a shared server for their sake, even if they should.

Add to this the fact that the server is still running MySQL 4, and this says to me, "we're using the cheapest possible account". The solution, from the host's standpoint, is probably for them to upgrade, because they've outgrown the account. Hosts tend not to want to polish their "starter" accounts, because they don't make money on them and they need people to move on from them.

Now, I swear there was one post I made yesterday where I didn't see that permissions warning; I thought they'd fixed the problem. But only one; now it's back. That could mean that someone did try to fix it, and the fix got rolled back by some automatic mechanism. I'm not sure whether anyone at USAW actually set up this installation of phpBB, or whether it's an auto-installed thing with a process which watches to make sure nothing accidentally changes.

I'm totally guessing here, of course.

cd 

Now fix your edit mode. :D