Sign in to follow this  
gutfirst

saeid abdvali most relentless wrestler in the world

amazed after i watched a few of his matches in the world cup. non stop for 6 minutes every match i saw. this guy is constantly moving forward, pushing, closing the gap, hand fighting, waring out his opponent. i can't think of any other wrestler, ever, that put that much pressure on his opponent.

i get it, it's a bold statement. maybe i'm forgetting some, who else do you guys think goes relentlessly forward?

[quote name="gutfirst"i can't think of any other wrestler' date=' ever, that put that much pressure on his opponent.

i get it, it's a bold statement. maybe i'm forgetting some, who else do you guys think goes relentlessly forward?[/quote]

Right now, though not senior level officially yet I would say Pico does. Historically both Brands and Gable. All were non-stop effective aggressive pressure with great gas tanks. Cejudo during his Olympic run did that as well. Sergei Belaglosov was a non stop wrestler and Kudukhov belongs in the conversation as well.

i've seen pico wrestle and coached kids who he wrestled against. he's not even close.

i've seen the brands brothers over and over. both were very aggressive, but this guy put on more pressure. cejudo and sergei were more offensive than abdvali but they let their opponents catch their breath once in a while. the iranian kept coming forward at this tournament at a pace i can't recall ever seeing.

His loss was controversial for sure, he got cautioned in both periods I believe.

Hes definitely a good one as far as constant pressure. His teammate Noroozi wrestles the same way- and is more dynamic with his throws. He might be less able to muscle guys at 66 though.

I have yet to watch any of the world cup but from looking at results, pretty epic final. http://www.fila-official.com/index.php? ... 35&lang=en

Im not much of a wrestling historian, but didnt wrestlers used to describe the Iranian style as I took you don first- and I Ran!

I wonder what changes were made, now the Iranians are a bunch of high-paced grinders that never seem to get tired.

I am surprised at you armspin and others as to what detail you know about wrestlers of different countries. You know more about Iran's wrestlers than I do. I guess if you have the passion, you follow it just like any other sport.

It appears our poster should have spent more time in English and Composition classes and less time watching sports.

Your writing style has you appearing to be the stereotypical dumb jock.