Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2017

Pico Loses

Snyder went tech, tech, pin into the finals..

Pico has went tech, tech and "controversial" loss by close 9-8 to Yavuz of Turkey. Pulled into repachage.

No word on McKenna, Nickal etc..

I'm getting this from Flo.

Thoughts on Pico loss?

This event has the best jrs in the world here. This is a Yarigan type event for jrs. No shame in losing a couple close match by Pico. Remember he just bumped up from cadet. Just because we don't know these guys doesn't mean one of these guys won't be world champs in a few years. Snyder absolutely dominated some good guys until the finals. Snyder controlled his finals match and I would surely pick him if they see each other again at worlds. Gatsalov was an olympic champ two years after winning jrs.

Ryan, chances are slim that they will wrestle again,since Gogaev won Russian Junior Nationals.

Good tournament for Snyder. Got it done. Pico with a much tougher day. Controversy or not. Nothing to worry about, since he's competing against guys 2 years his senior. Yeah, most had him winning today, but there is still a lot of wrestling left.

I'm surprised Snyder only won on criteria. He was so completely dominant in his other matches.

Why does this surprise you?

You guys need to go see the Junior Worlds...there are so many really, really young, future stars at this event. We have Snyder and Pico, but there are so many others just as hungry and talented.

I'm surprised Snyder only won on criteria. He was so completely dominant in his other matches.

Why does this surprise you?

You guys need to go see the Junior Worlds...there are so many really, really young, future stars at this event. We have Snyder and Pico, but there are so many others just as hungry and talented.

I've never seen the Jr worlds. I've never seen future stars emerge from that tournament. This is actually my first time ever watching wrestling. Who's Pico?

What does Snyder's dominance in his preliminary matches have to do with him winning on criteria in the finals?

Zilch.....It's an inane observation. It's like Snyder and Pico are the only dominant, non-senior level wrestlers.

You need to go and watch the Junior Worlds, in person, see the quality wrestlers from countries like; Georgia, Russia, Iran, UZE, AZE, Turkey, Cuba, Hungary..etc......open your eyes and realize that making the step from Cadets/Juniors is huge.....and that there are other people out there and that are just as good, if not better, than both of these guys.

You are a cantankerous piece of dung. I've only seen about 20 junior international tournaments, about half a dozen of them in person.

And when did I say anything about Pico on this thread??

I can't believe I'm honoring a dumbass like you with a legitimate response. I didn't say Snyder walks on water. I didn't say he was a lock to win. Notably, I didn't even comment on Pico losing twice in a row, which must've delighted you to no end. All I said was that I was surprised Snyder didn't score more. I'd be more surprised by a Snyder win on criteria than a Snyder Loss in which he scores a bunch of points. The kid just scored a TD against the best Senior wrestler in the world and wrestles a relentless style. It wasn't like he changed it or was having an off day, given his prior matches.

Now go jerk off to footage of Pico losing before you make another retarded post nobody wants to read.

You are a cantankerous piece of dung. I've only seen about 20 junior international tournaments, about half a dozen of them in person.

And when did I say anything about Pico on this thread??

I can't believe I'm honoring a dumbass like you with a legitimate response. I didn't say Snyder walks on water. I didn't say he was a lock to win. Notably, I didn't even comment on Pico losing twice in a row, which must've delighted you to no end. All I said was that I was surprised Snyder didn't score more. I'd be more surprised by a Snyder win on criteria than a Snyder Loss in which he scores a bunch of points. The kid just scored a TD against the best Senior wrestler in the world and wrestles a relentless style. It wasn't like he changed it or was having an off day, given his prior matches.

Now go jerk off to footage of Pico losing before you make another retarded post nobody wants to read.

Cantankerous? So not.....I am a realist.........And that last comment, that's just stupid....if you have that many tournaments under your belt, you shouldn't write things like that...

And why would I be happy about Pico losing?

My bone of contention has always been with a number of the posters on here who have said....Pico will maul Metcalf...Snyder will take Varner...come on. These two have been wrestling boys...when they start whipping men, then you can start talking...that won't be for a while. That is all....

My bone of contention has always been with a number of the posters on here who have said....Pico will maul Metcalf...Snyder will take Varner...come on. These two have been wrestling boys...when they start whipping men, then you can start talking...that won't be for a while. That is all....

I never said anything about Pico mauling any Sr wrestler. I didn't even mention his name on this thread until you accused me of not opening my eyes about him. I am a fan of Pico and believe he will be a top contender for a world team berth IN THE FUTURE.

I also never said anything about Snyder beating any Sr wrestler. In fact, I posted on another thread that we shouldn't make much of a LOSS to Gatsalov because it was after all a loss, and that Snyder may be competitive at Sr tournaments but still belonged in his age group.

Yes, I said all those things and none of the things you tacitly accuse me of.

That still doesn't change my rightful surprise at the 1-1 score. How many times has Snyder only scored 1 point, even against the world's best at the Sr level? I would be as surprised by a Metcalf win 1-1 after scoring 10 points in his prior matches. It's not his style to go out like that, win or lose. Like I said already, I'd be more surprised by a 1-1 win than by a 3-5 LOSS.

Your gripe is with others, not me.

That said, I find your obsession with belittling Pico classless, annoying, and weird enough to call it a fetish. You post on every thread about Pico the same drivel. The entire world knows where you stand on the kid. How about you STFU now and let him and his family lead their lives? Someone as self-allegedly wise should know better than to stalk a 17-year old on an Internet forum. It's sad.

That said, I find your obsession with belittling Pico classless, annoying, and weird enough to call it a fetish. You post on every thread about Pico's the same drivel. The entire world knows where you stand on the kid. How about you STFU now and let him and his family lead their lives? Someone as self-allegedly wise should know better than to stalk a 17-year old on an Internet forum. It's sad.

Hey Bud......Take a step back, relax. You're insane.....on that note, Tootles

Geez guys, why don't you all settle down a little. For some reason, people like to project what a promising young athlete will do. When you step up in competition, the vast majority of guys take some lumps.

Pico has been built up so much, and his achievements embellished a little (like having never lost a match). There are guys on here who already have him ahead of metcalf, and questioning whether he'll eventually bum JB out of the US lineup (read rankings thread).

Kid is really good, but there is a ton of talent out there. Like I used to tell my HS buddies when I moved to on wrestle in college, and they couldn't believe I was taking losses... Those guys got scholarships too!

In this thread

Pico is overrated. Snyder is overrated.

Pico got screwed, he's still great! Snyder kept it close but got it done, he's still great!

Everyone here needs to step back and take a deep breath. Junior results don't matter, they only indicate how someone could possibly do in the future- just like high school results. After high school, Grajales was better than sliced bread and Dake was a pretty good recruit. In college they switched. Retherford won a Junior World title then couldn't beat Cadet World champ Pico. Results on the lower level do not indicate results on the higher level.

Even if Junior results did really indicate future Senior success, it's one tournament. Even Burroughs looses once in a while.

/rant. I'll go back to trolling now.