Sign in to follow this  
DF

Angle vs. Jads highlight video taken from the bleachers!

Them hypnotic USA! USA! USA! chants.

That elbow CLEARLY touching the mat at 0:18 that should have been 2 instead of 1 for Jads.

Them barely audible cheers but distinctly audible booing after Jads turns that leg lace.

That crowd eruption into cheers when Angle gets that takedown.

Them arm spin "attempts" to avoid passivity.

Them feels that Angle now has a drinking problem and Jads has been abducted.

Them hypnotic USA! USA! USA! chants.

That elbow CLEARLY touching the mat at 0:18 that should have been 2 instead of 1 for Jads.

Them barely audible cheers but distinctly audible booing after Jads turns that leg lace.

That crowd eruption into cheers when Angle gets that takedown.

Them arm spin "attempts" to avoid passivity.

Them feels that Angle now has a drinking problem and Jads has been abducted.

I do realize who I'm dealing with here but when you can see the elbow CLEARLY down, you can also see Angle CLEARLY belly down at the time. Hard to say when the weight came off the elbow relative to the turn since it becomes blocked. But even more CLEARLY evidenced is how long Jads was on his own shoulders while bridging through.

If I am being unbiased...I'm sorry but that is clearly two. Angles elbow touched during the turn. Obviously Angle would have wrestled differently at the end of the match had he known he had been down, but as is, Jads should have won.

If I'm being biased....Go USA. His elbow touched to keep away from being turned, and it was hand to hand during the turn.

Man, I am horrible at this. I thought DF was trolling me with the elbow down, but I'll be damned, the elbow does hit at :18. Took me 3 rewatches to finally pause it but he is right.

That "angle" really shows how freaking stonewall Angle's hips are on that double leg counter. Jadz had him dead to rights and just got blitzed by the hips.

Man, I am horrible at this. I thought DF was trolling me with the elbow down, but I'll be damned, the elbow does hit at :18. Took me 3 rewatches to finally pause it but he is right.

That "angle" really shows how freaking stonewall Angle's hips are on that double leg counter. Jadz had him dead to rights and just got blitzed by the hips.

Again, don't just look at the elbow at :18 look at his body- he's still mostly belly down. You only get 2 for the elbow if you are past 90. As I said before, hard to tell when the elbow came back off relative to the back being beyond 90 but at the time the elbow is down he is not in danger.

You can see him still supported by his elbow at 19-20 seconds when he is past 90 degrees. He moves up to his hand in the middle of the turn though, when he is way past 90 degrees.

Which video are you watching? He's all the way through still showing 18 on the video timer.

I'm also not arguing whether he is or isn't on his elbow all the way through just that you can't see the elbow past where he's approaching 90.

Again, don't just look at the elbow at :18 look at his body- he's still mostly belly down. You only get 2 for the elbow if you are past 90. As I said before, hard to tell when the elbow came back off relative to the back being beyond 90 but at the time the elbow is down he is not in danger.

It's hard to tell from the blurry still image, but what I've circled is his elbow.

YvKFU9L.jpg?2

It's hard to tell from the blurry still image, but what I've circled is his elbow.

YvKFU9L.jpg?2

Yes, but look at the angle of his shoulders. He's not quite at 90 just yet.

Home field advantage is a real thing even with 100% ethical referees. Officials are human and influenced by the crowd. Good thing the turn happened early with lots of time left to wrestle.

Btw those arm spins may have been done partly for the officials benefit but they came reasonably close to scoring. In today's magic point rules I could see Angle getting 1.