Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

Nebraska releases 2014-15 schedule...

Disappointed to say the least--their kids will have greaaaaaat records--he should play Brands and add some d-2/d-3/naia & JC teams to the schedule? It is a personal option but I believe this is no way to build a top flight program. Missouri & North Dakota State would have been better than what he has got.

Every B1G school should be able to schedule at least 1 of the 3 top draws for a dual - Iowa, Penn State, Minnesota (I would not put Ohio State in the other 3's category of top draws). It is an injustice to the league and the fans if you can't have NE wrestling 1 of those teams.

Without looking at lineups, I would figure Illinois, Northwestern, and Michigan are the teams that could prevent Nebraska from going undefeated but they all could be winnable. Would be interesting to see what the conference does if Nebraska were to finish undefeated.

Without looking at lineups, I would figure Illinois, Northwestern, and Michigan are the teams that could prevent Nebraska from going undefeated but they all could be winnable. Would be interesting to see what the conference does if Nebraska were to finish undefeated.

I would assume they'll be treated as conference (co)-champs just like you would expect them to.

cuz the newcomers get all of them, at home!

yeah, home meets at RU and UMD for all four big guys. should be good for both sides. 4 marquee matchups for the new guys and 2 recruiting/fundraising trips to DC and NYC for the top teams in the conference. also Cablevision and Time Warner (2 of the biggest cable providers in the NYC market) just announced a deal for the Big Ten Network. Delaney's master plan is all coming together.

i'm guessing the following year's schedules will be more balanced.

I would assume they'll be treated as conference (co)-champs just like you would expect them to.

Yes, which makes me wonder how the other schools would respond when Nebraska is claiming they are dual champions despite possibly being the 5th best dual team in the conference.

The Big Ten dual schedule makes no sense (to me). It is clear the conference doesn't value the dual portion of the season too much.

Yes, which makes me wonder how the other schools would respond when Nebraska is claiming they are dual champions despite possibly being the 5th best dual team in the conference.

The Big Ten dual schedule makes no sense (to me). It is clear the conference doesn't value the dual portion of the season too much.

Nebraska won't CLAIM they are dual champs, the BIG will. I do agree that the conference and the schools for the most part don't pay much attention to who wins the regular season dual title since it doesn't really mean much. Kind of like winning the regular season title in bball. It's nice and it gets you the #1 see for the B1G tournament, but the tournament results is what everyone pays attention to.

I don't understand everyone jumping all over Nebraska for their B1G schedule here, as if they chose not to wrestle the top tier teams. You realize they don't make their conference schedule, right? Also, assuming in May that any B1G team will go undefeated is a pretty bold assumption.

I don't understand everyone jumping all over Nebraska for their B1G schedule here, as if they chose not to wrestle the top tier teams. You realize they don't make their conference schedule, right? Also, assuming in May that any B1G team will go undefeated is a pretty bold assumption.

I see nothing wrong with Nebraska's scheduling. My issue is with the Big Ten Conference's scheduling.

I see nothing wrong with Nebraska's scheduling. My issue is with the Big Ten Conference's scheduling.

Check and mate, Pinnum wins. That's my issue as well.

I hope your guys aren't blaming the huskers for the schedule the big 10 handed them. Look at last year, no Iowa/ Penn State, etc. It is clear that the people scheduling these things don't think like we do.

I hope your guys aren't blaming the huskers for the schedule the big 10 handed them. Look at last year, no Iowa/ Penn State, etc. It is clear that the people scheduling these things don't think like we do.

That's not the issue...we know that, for instance, sometime in the next three years, Nebraska will miss all of the other schools in the conference except for one. The issue is that Nebraska misses all of the "Big Four" in the same year. If you are going to have the rotational schedule the Big Ten has, break them up, please!