Sign in to follow this  
vixiim

Heaviest Hands in History

I am curious, who are some of the wrestlers with heavy hands. I lean on your expertise.

Some that come to mind from my limited frame of reference:

Elbrus Tedeev

Besik Kudukov

Rudy Isom of Wisconsin pulled one of my arms out of socket ( sub-lex, actually) just hanging on my tricep from neutral. Can't throw a decent snowball anymore. I'd say those were some heavy paws.

Rudy Isom, who won one match by a 1-0 score and placed 6th in the NCAA's...He lost his first match, then earned two forfeits and then a 1-0 victory...

Mark Schultz has them all beat. From going up a weight specifically to derail Ed Banach from becoming a 4 time NCAA Champ to snapping the arm of the Turk to three world Titles - no one left the mat after a match without bruises and knowing they had been in a battle.

I am curious, who are some of the wrestlers with heavy hands. I lean on your expertise.

Some that come to mind from my limited frame of reference:

Elbrus Tedeev

Besik Kudukov

Wow, you really think Kudukhov? Especially after moving to 60kg, I'm not sure I would consider that one of his primary strengths. His snap downs are very effective, but that's not exclusively due to heavy hands. He's more about constant motion in my opinion, giving him the positioning advantage and good angles for attacks.

Kudukov had averything IMO. His movement was incredible and he had concrete blocks for hands also. The combination really wore people out.

It was quite something to watch his progession too, from a wide-open young guy who wrestled a crazy style, to his prime where he was in complete control with both movement and physicality, to a more defensive scrambling orented approach his last couple of years.

Man, I dont usually get emotional about people I dont know, but it really sucks that Kudukov is no longer with us. RIP champ

My $0.02:

1. Brands Bros

2. Danny Hodge

3. Sammy Henson

4. Brent Metcalf (talk about wearing a guy's neck / lower back out)

5. Varner

6. Pico -- I'm buying the hype w/Pico, b/c it's his handwork that makes him exceptional; snap downs are nasty. He's not very quick, which makes me think his hands are uber-heavy (aside from the fact that he bounces cats heads on the mat regularly w/ his snap downs).

7. Lincoln McIlravy

8. The Farmer, Royce Alger

The opponents of these in-your-face guys that who are brutally strong aren't having wet dreams; their having nightmares about getting embarrassed by these guys.