Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

Purdue's Next Head Coach?

all the comments I have ever heard about roselli was that he didn't like dealing with the red tape and was content just teaching wrestling. if he was in the running at purdue and they didn't hire him, I feel they made a huge mistake.

Rosselli was probably interviewing to get a raise from Ohio State. I can't see him wanting to leave what they have there currently.

I hope he doesn't leave the Ohio RTC, although I thought he was a goner after reading he was in the running for the Purdue job.

Still believe they screwed up getting rid of Hinkel. :roll:

I've heard reports from forum posters(so it has to be true) that Hinkel was let go because he wanted more support from the administration. If Ersland is the guy I see it as a lateral move for the program at best IMO.

My guess is Rosselli will ride out the next couple years at Ohio State, hopefully add a national title to his coaching resume and then be prepared to throw his name into any big time coaching opening in the near future. Including the USA wrestling job after 2016.

I've heard reports from forum posters(so it has to be true) that Hinkel was let go because he wanted more support from the administration. If Ersland is the guy I see it as a lateral move for the program at best IMO.

My guess is Rosselli will ride out the next couple years at Ohio State, hopefully add a national title to his coaching resume and then be prepared to throw his name into any big time coaching opening in the near future. Including the USA wrestling job after 2016.

Hinkle couldn't have been let go due to his performance. 11th in the Big 10 when you have five returning national qualifiers and team that was coming off a 5-3 Big 10 record the year before.

Very excited to see Coach Ersland get his shot as head coach. He has worked his tail off and deserves the opportunity to run his own program.

Who does Nebraska fill in as an assistant coach? My best guess would be Jason Powell