Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

University Team Trials

Starting a thread about this event, which starts today.

First question, where can I find the schedule? I have Flo Pro and all I see are the Cadets. When do Universities start?

EDIT: I found the schedule: http://usawevents.sportngin.com/page/sh ... t-schedule

Friday, May 23

University GR & FILA Cadet GR Preliminaries

9:00 AM to 1:30 PM

University GR & FILA Cadet GR Preliminaries through Finals

*University Finals will be best of three (3)

3:00 PM to Conclusion

University (Men) FS & FILA Cadet FS Registration

6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

University (Men) FS & FILA Cadet FS Medical Check/Weigh-ins

(See Weigh-in Procedures - Athletes competing in both styles must weigh in for both styles, no weight allowance will be given.)

8:00 PM to 8:30 PM

Saturday, May 24

University (Men) FS & FILA Cadet FS Preliminaries

9:00 AM to 1:30 PM

University (Men) FS & FILA Cadet FS Preliminaries

3:00 PM to 8:30 PM

Sunday, May 25

Univeristy/FILA Junior College Coaches Meeting

8:00 AM to 8:45 AM

University (Men) FS & FILA Cadet FS to Completion

*University Finals will be best of three (3)

9:00 AM to Conclusion

Coach, I am following along at trackwrestling.com.

Some Penn State news: Kade Moss won last nights Greco weightclass. Not sure the kilos, but he weighs about 145. He has two wins in freestyle so far. Also, Zach Beits who wrestled for us at 149 this past year has advanced twice at 70KG. Most of the guys at this weight wrestled 157 last year, like James Green and Josh Demas. At 61KG Jimmy Gulibon has advanced twice and now faces Johnni DiJulius. Matt McCutcheon drew Max Thomusseit in round 1 and that is coming up.

Coach, I am following along at trackwrestling.com.

Some Penn State news: Kade Moss won last nights Greco weightclass. Not sure the kilos, but he weighs about 145. He has two wins in freestyle so far. Also, Zach Beits who wrestled for us at 149 this past year has advanced twice at 70KG. Most of the guys at this weight wrestled 157 last year, like James Green and Josh Demas. At 61KG Jimmy Gulibon has advanced twice and now faces Johnni DiJulius. Matt McCutcheon drew Max Thomusseit in round 1 and that is coming up.

Thanks, man.

DSJ just got wrecked 10-0 in 1st period.

He hurt his knee. The match was stopped twice to see if he could continue. I'm not saying the outcome would have been different without the injury, but he was clearly affected. He got turned like a top, though. Poor freestyle defense.

Thru to the qtrs. at 57kg - Garrett, Joey dance, Kingsley and Laux among others

At 61Kg Joe Colon, BJ Futrell, Jimmy Gulibon, and Mark Grey

At 65Kg T Shirts, Mike Mangrum and Anthony Ashnault

At 70Kg you have James Green, Josh Demas, Anthony Collica and Jake Sueflohn (St. Johms and Zack Beits both lost)

At 74Kg you have Tyler Caldwell, Ian Miller, Brian Murphy and Bo Jordan who has tech falled everyone

at b80Kg you have a lot of talent still on winners side. Crutchmer, Wilps, Epperly, Weatherman, Alex Meyer, and Brock Gutches

Jordan vs. Miller would be a treat, especially if the winner gets Caldwell.

I'm calling over before it starts. Miller tries his duck and BoJo pancakes him to his back = pin less than a minute.

I'm calling over before it starts. Miller tries his duck and BoJo pancakes him to his back = pin less than a minute.

I don't know about that, as it could just as easily be Miller pancaking BoJo, Miller is a horse. Remember what he did to Ness. I am a huge fan of both guys, but BoJo has a tall order in taking out Miller. It should be a great match. BoJo has made some nice adjustments from his first match.

Man. Ian Miller is a calculating cold blood killer. Quite admirable. Ian is a machine. He could easily go up with JB, DT, KD, and JG. I'm very impressed with Ian. He's going to be a NCAA finalist next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call. Miller made Jordan his ho. 3 TDs, two turns, and a fleeing the mat call against Bo. Had the match gone on for the full 6 minutes, it might've been 22-0. Jordan had significant size over Miller too.

Man. Ian Miller is a calculating cold blood killer. Quite admirable. Ian is a machine. He could easily go up with JB, DT, KD, and JG. I'm very impressed with Ian. He's going to be a NCAA finalist next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily up with JB? Surely you jest.

LOL. I'm a dumb ass. That was ugly.

Although Bo almost pancaked Ian in the second period.

Whoa, Miller Pins Caldwell! He struck first with a leg attack and powerful finish. Caldwell scored a slick 4pt, but Miller recovered, reshot double/bodylock, elevated and dropped Caldwell flat on his back. Miller is dangerous. Can't wait for his second match.

I don't think we need to compare him to the top senior guys yet. Hopefully we see him get some international experience at this level first.

Several years ago, Ian was a sophomore in high school at my alma mater. I had just got back from wrestling at the Schultz and went to work out with Ian. After our work out I told the coaches then he was going to be a world champ if he wanted to. He could have hung with any of the guys I wrestled which included Tyler Graff as a sophomore. He is that good and is an amazing athlete, every bit as guys like Green and Burroughs. The only issue is mental with him. We have all witnessed him just throw it in. I remember seeing Andrassy about rip his head off after giving up and getting pinned by Accordino at NCAA's as a freshman, a year where he could have upset Molinaro and been a finalist.

Whoa, Miller Pins Caldwell! He struck first with a leg attack and powerful finish. Caldwell scored a slick 4pt, but Miller recovered, reshot double/bodylock, elevated and dropped Caldwell flat on his back. Miller is dangerous. Can't wait for his second match.

I don't think we need to compare him to the top senior guys yet. Hopefully we see him get some international experience at this level first.

Where are you getting the best 2 out of 3 results? I am not seeing anything on Trackwrestling and Flo is saying that the event is over.

Garrett looked good but very much folk style trained. Even got an escape!

Garrett teched or pinned everybody he faced, including Terao (twice). I agree he doesn't look entirely comfortable with freestyle (look at the easy pushouts he gave up at BTS), but he's got the tools to go far...