Sign in to follow this  
Turkey

Support your USA wrestlers

This is a must right now so much money comes into kids/young adults too wrestle overseas. Please help USA wrestling achieve these results. IT can average 13 thousand $ per wrestler so yes please help.

thank you

Great idea. In fact this thread should be stickied if we can collect enough URLs where donations can be made. Here are a couple to start:

http://www.magicmandt.com/

http://www.edwardruth.com/

those websites are pretty nice. wish FILA would upgrade soon.

a super easy way to support career wrestlers is to buy stuff from their sponsors. t shirts make great gifts!

Actually. The best way to support them is direct donations. Those are really good websites. I'd go one up and recommend they create sponsorship levels and perhaps offer some sort of personalized give-back for a bit higher a range of donation (like on kickstarter).

How much have those PAID to work with USA Wrestling donated?

The stuff about how they give all their time doesn't count - that is their job.

How much are they donating in dollars?

If they aren't doing so, why would anyone else?

How much have those PAID to work with USA Wrestling donated?

The stuff about how they give all their time doesn't count - that is their job.

How much are they donating in dollars?

If they aren't doing so, why would anyone else?

If we worked 40 hours a week, 9-to-5 and called it a day, sure, you might have a concern. I worked 60-hour workweeks with 35 weekends a year on the road. You can say that's the job, but you can also say that job came with a lot of sacrifice.

And for the record, in my three years there, I believe every employee donated to the Living The Dream Medal Fund, Fuel The Dream and the Wrestling Nation. With the exception of buying shirts, I personally did not donate to any singular athlete, because it's a conflict of interest to donate DIRECTLY to an athlete when you're trying to be an impartial member of the media. Just like how I don't wear any team specific gear while covering the NCAA championships, I don't wear any athlete-specific gear while covering USAW events. I know a lot of the staff there purchased shirts, contributed to fundraisers, etc.

If you want my financials, yeah, ok. Good luck.

That's cool, you just want an excuse not to donate to our athletes ... and that's completely your prerogative. I know, I shouldn't feed the trolls.

Sorry turkey lips, but I have donated.

And yes, those who choose NOT to serve their nation in the military or Peace Corps or similar do fail their country and their fellow citizens.

Make all the excuses you want for them, they act cowardly.