Lyon College (Ark.) NAIA

Williams Baptist College (Ark) NAIA

Ottawa University (KS) NAIA

Warner Pacific (OR) NAIA

St. Catherine College (KY) NAIA

Daniel Webster College (NH) Division III

University of the Ozarks (Ark) Division III

Huntingdon College (Ala) Division III

These 9 schools are adding varsity wrestling this fall. 10 added this past fall. 19 new programs in a 2 year stretch is pretty great.

5 NAIA, 3 D III, 1 D II.

Disappointing not to see any Jucos or D I. Hopefully those are coming for the 15-16.

Are there any I'm missing?

Davenport College NAIA Grand Rapids Michigan 2014-2015

They won't be in the NAIA, they'll be in the club division I think I read.

NAIA or DII the following year. They are issuing scholarships for wrestling as well as starting a football team for 2015. They are really trying to grow the university and make championship teams. Evidently the AD was a former National Championship Hockey coach and wants to win with his teams.

I suspect, but have no inside sources, that the reassignment of Thomas Boeh (Fresno State AD until earlier this week) had as much to do with Boeh trying to stonewall Fresno State from adding wrestling for the 2015-2016 season as anything else. It was Boeh, himself, who dropped wrestling weeks after Fresno State's announcement of joining the Western Wrestling Conference back in 2006, and then had the chutzpah to say to Shane Seibert that "wrestlers are bad people" in a lame attempt to justify the drop.

I suspect, but have no inside sources, that the reassignment of Thomas Boeh (Fresno State AD until earlier this week) had as much to do with Boeh trying to stonewall Fresno State from adding wrestling for the 2015-2016 season as anything else. It was Boeh, himself, who dropped wrestling weeks after Fresno State's announcement of joining the Western Wrestling Conference back in 2006, and then had the chutzpah to say to Shane Seibert that "wrestlers are bad people" in a lame attempt to justify the drop.

I wondered the same thing... it seemed like an odd announcement and he seemed to be blindsided by it. If I understand correctly, he actually found out on the day the NY Times was interviewing him.

Disappointing not to see any Jucos...

Talk at the 2014 national tournament was that Colorado Community College System administrators were looking at reinstating some NJCAA programs. Not only would this serve a much needed hole in the programs out west of Iowa, but it would add competitive fire to the NJCAA again as Colorado had some really tough programs some years ago.

Edited by Tofurky

Saw this on the california wrestling forum about Fresno St,......

"Boeh is out as AD because of Fund Raising needs. The Fresno Bee had quite a story in it regarding this whole thing and Boeh needs to fulfill his contract ( 3 years remaining ) at about 285K per year as special assisitant to President Castro or he loses the the money. The new AD will have to balance athletics and fundraising in light of the federal decision regarding the O'Bannon case and fundraising was not a strong suit for Boeh. The good new is that wrestling is on the front burner and the womens sport that would be added would be womens water polo. It is closer to happening than people think.

Just got home from Fresno St and that was the talk on campus..........

Go Dogs !!!!"