Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

Penn State bound Thomas Haines

Every ranking publication has Haines very high up. Obviously, they feel he has some quality wins. If you want the names so bad, why don't you look it up?

I did. there aren't any.

Gillermoran... there you go again. A true class act... trying once AGAIN to put down a kid. And you are so correct... PA 220 champ as a freshman... he must really had an easy run. And what is the Super 32 event anyway... ANYONE can win that one right Gillermoran?

What a tool you are.

Thanks Husker; excellent, objective post. Hard to believe it was necessary for a guy like Haines but I guess some people are more interested in pissing on PSU fans then following wrestling. Kind of a sad statement about them I think.

boo hoo. like i said, you guys are crying like little babies. imagine a college football or hoops website where a fan questions the future of a recruit, or says the schedule they played in HS doesn't indicate success is imminent, or asks for more info. Oh wait, they exist and other fans don't automatically jump on them for " trashtalking HS kids" our fan base will never expand if people stay so sensitive.

Haines is talented. If your best career win is Idelson or David Farr you haven't wrestled a great schedule, so you are unproven. He got beaten pretty easily by Snyder. IN Pa alone he missed Rizzo, Peck, Vizcerando, Grossi, Solomon, etc......all good kids around his size.

The problem is you are a troll GB and your credibility is zero with a lot us. You're not interested in a real discussion. Anyone who has seen enough of your posts knows this. Someone else could of posted the same thing and most of us wouldn't of thought twice about it, but with you we know there is an agenda. Maybe it's time to stop acting like a child (boo hoo, Penn State is really good) on these boards and people can start to take you serious.

Every ranking publication has Haines very high up. Obviously, they feel he has some quality wins. If you want the names so bad, why don't you look it up?

I did. there aren't any.

Gillermoran... there you go again. A true class act... trying once AGAIN to put down a kid. And you are so correct... PA 220 champ as a freshman... he must really had an easy run. And what is the Super 32 event anyway... ANYONE can win that one right Gillermoran?

What a tool you are.

I can't even remember why you don't like me. keep following me around though

The problem is you are a troll GB and your credibility is zero with a lot us. You're not interested in a real discussion. Anyone who has seen enough of your posts knows this. Someone else could of posted the same thing and most of us wouldn't of thought twice about it, but with you we know there is an agenda. Maybe it's time to stop acting like a child (boo hoo, Penn State is really good) on these boards and people can start to take you serious.

translation

anyone who posts something that could be perceived as anti-psu is a troll.

when confronted with this situation, ignore the topic being discussed and attack the poster

All we can be is happy, even ecstatic or delighted, with this pick-up for the Nits. This coaching staff has proven they know what they're doing, and the rest will happen on the mat, over time. No sense defending the recruitment of this kid beyond reasonable discussion. Kind of like arguing politics...

I can't speak for who Haines has beaten that is noteworthy, but I do know that he is freakishly athletic. I'll take raw athletic ability, along with 4 state titles, anyday of the week. I could care less who he has wrestled. It's not like he is avoiding people.

Guest Hammerlock3

we know who he has wrestled...kyle snyder. As someone who thinks PSU has enough I was glad they got Haines and not the ladder.

Nice try GB. Even non-PSU fans are beginning to see through your trash posts.

It's all good though. It will make me smile just knowing every PSU win will sting a little more for you.

Remember how I "questioned" the credentials and recruitment of Retherford, Hammond, Law? Oh, that's right, I didn't. Because they are all proven.

Gotta love the new frontrunner Ninnie-lion fan

Haines is talented. If your best career win is Idelson or David Farr you haven't wrestled a great schedule, so you are unproven. He got beaten pretty easily by Snyder. IN Pa alone he missed Rizzo, Peck, Vizcerando, Grossi, Solomon, etc......all good kids around his size.

The new frontrunner Ninnie-lion fan like myself likes to see objective, factual posts such as the one above, not a bunch of bullcrap and whining. It took me a while to weed thru all the stuff just to find this, and I appreciate knowing the facts.

we know who he has wrestled...kyle snyder. As someone who thinks PSU has enough I was glad they got Haines and not the ladder.

I am not sure why PSU would even go after one of those...I don't think they are legal by NCAA rules...

Shawn-Michaels-Hitting-with-Ladder-Vince-McMahon.jpg

(I kid)

Haines hasn't wrestled a good schedule?

He's wrestled Super 32 2X, NHSCA Duals, Disney Duals, Powerade 2X, Escape the Rock 2X, and the rest of his PA regular season and post season schedule 2X. I doubt there are many kids Nationally around his weight who have wrestled as difficult a schedule.

He has beaten A. Bradley who Intermat has in their top 10. He's lost close matches to Snyder and Vizcorrando.

actions speak louder than words, i'd recommend finding some video on this kid. Any true Freshman who wins PA states at 215 has an incredibly bright future. I don't care who he's beaten.

not to mention the kids wrestles for SOLANCO..or Southern Lancaster County. they typically are not the type of team that will go out and find the best in season competition.

The timing is perfect. Haines has one more year in HS, then a RS year at PSU, and will likely be on the mat as the starting PSU heavyweight bigger and stronger for the 2014-15 season. Cool!

ski, you got the years messed up a bit.

Including this year, as Haines is just a junior, Haines has two more years in HS. With Lawson & Gingrich each having 3 years of eligibility left in college, it's quite likely that Haines will RS his freshman year. In that scenario, he'd be the PSU Hwt. in the 2015-2016 season.

2012-13 (HS junior)

2013-14 (HS senior)

2014-15 (College RS)

2015-16 (Scoring points for PSU)

I also think the timing is perfect, in that Haines can continue to grow, and improve his technique, and also get use to taking on the heavier kids. His speed and athleticism are exceptional for his size.

Tom

... not to mention the kids wrestles for SOLANCO..or Southern Lancaster County. they typically are not the type of team that will go out and find the best in season competition.

Really? Escape the Rock, Powerade, St. Paul's MD (@Solanco Tournament), Central Dauphin, to name a few. Plus, south central PA is not exactly a slouch area, talent-wise.