Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Why do so many think Taylor is a lock at 70kg?

DT has really filled in over the past couple years so this would be a really big cut. Would love to see it provided he can still maintain his stamina. If so, would be an immediate gold medal contender, imo.

------

Let me see if I can emulate the logic of Flying Tiger:

Yes, DT has really filled in over the last couple of years, and it would be a big cut.

Sally Struthers will probably need to solicit donations to feed him if he tries.

Don't quote me regarding DT's weight cutting in the future, because I've NEVER said anything about DT cutting weight.

Did I do that right, FT? :o

DT has really filled in over the past couple years so this would be a really big cut. Would love to see it provided he can still maintain his stamina. If so, would be an immediate gold medal contender, imo.

------

Let me see if I can emulate the logic of Flying Tiger:

Yes, DT has really filled in over the last couple of years, and it would be a big cut.

Sally Struthers will probably need to solicit donations to feed him if he tries.

Don't quote me regarding DT's weight cutting in the future, because I've NEVER said anything about DT cutting weight.

Did I do that right, FT? :o

Rossel, I still have no idea what point you are trying to make. Seriously, are you suffering from dementia or something. We are talking about the 2014 WTT, not the 12-13 college season.

Taylor beats Marable worse than Burroughs or Dake.

But Taylor's NEVER beaten Burroughs or Dake. :? ;) :)

I'd agree in so far as I'd lean toward Taylor if he did meet up with Marable; but Marable is almost Dake-like in his positioning and defense. Tough out for anybody. It would be close, IMO.

I want to see Taylor at least give it a shot. He has six weeks to make the cut. That is enough time to do it right and still have enough horsepower. Taylor is just a very bad matchup style wise for Marable. All of Marables matches are close with BUrroughs and Dake but Taylor separates himself. I am pumped about the possibility of adding Taylor to this years team!

FT you made your garbage post 16 mos ago. I think that still falls with the time frame of "never."

Rossel, you have a bad habit of confusing posters or just flat out making things up. Never said anything of the sort.

------

So, I simply dug up the old post you made, proving you wrong:

Maybe the BigTen Network can have Sally Struthers soliciting donations to feed the hungry during their match this Friday.

by Flying-Tiger>>

---

So FT, don't be such a hypocrite with your denials.

Now, back to 2014, and we can talk about WTT's.

I admit I find it absolutely hilarious that when FT makes a comment about Taylor would be favored over Marable "if he can make the cut without major cardio ramifications," rossel IMMEDIATELY thinks of a post FT made about an Iowa guy 2 years ago looking famished, and IMMEDIATELY jumps on FT as being "hypocritical." Its such a comically huge stretch to link one to the other, and the temporal gap is so enormous, that I just envision rossel walking around every day just with this sour expression, dwelling on every single arguably critical comment that any themat.com poster has ever made about an Iowa guy, like a jilted wife that just can't forget that her husband's indiscretion, just aching for any opportunity to bring it up, no matter how obviously unrelated it may be to the topic at hand. I love it!

On what basis would Taylor be considered a clear favorite over Marable at 70kg? As far as I know we have NO evidence to suggest Taylor would do ANYTHING at 70kg.

We have Marable winning the US Open convincingly at 70kg. Marable didn't wrestle the WTT at 74kg, which shows, to me at least, he is doing everything he can to acclimate to the weight. At 74kg, we have Marable beating Burroughs. We have Marable winning a significant International tournament. We have Marable ranked internationally.

In regards to Taylor, we have 1 match from over a year ago to use as saying he is a clear favorite!?!? Is there anything else I am missing in Taylor's favor to compare the 2?

I would not be surprised 1 bit to see Taylor win. However, I just don't see why so many, not only pick Taylor to win, but put him as the clear favorite. If you were forced to bet your house on Taylor winning, would you honestly feel comfortable that you wouldn't be homeless in about a month?

There is also no evidence that Metcalf should be expected to medal at worlds but you are spending a lot of time trying to convince people otherwise. At least with Taylor, he does have a win over Marable. That's A LOT more substantive evidence then some cockamamie theory that Metcalf wears out his winning opponents too much, LOL.

FT you made your garbage post 16 mos ago. I think that still falls with the time frame of "never."

Rossel, you have a bad habit of confusing posters or just flat out making things up. Never said anything of the sort.

------

So, I simply dug up the old post you made, proving you wrong:

Maybe the BigTen Network can have Sally Struthers soliciting donations to feed the hungry during their match this Friday.

by Flying-Tiger>>

---

So FT, don't be such a hypocrite with your denials.

Now, back to 2014, and we can talk about WTT's.

I admit I find it absolutely hilarious that when FT makes a comment about Taylor would be favored over Marable "if he can make the cut without major cardio ramifications," rossel IMMEDIATELY thinks of a post FT made about an Iowa guy 2 years ago looking famished, and IMMEDIATELY jumps on FT as being "hypocritical." Its such a comically huge stretch to link one to the other, and the temporal gap is so enormous, that I just envision rossel walking around every day just with this sour expression, dwelling on every single arguably critical comment that any themat.com poster has ever made about an Iowa guy, like a jilted wife that just can't forget that her husband's indiscretion, just aching for any opportunity to bring it up, no matter how obviously unrelated it may be to the topic at hand. I love it!

----

Oh good...BAC chimes in. The clown posse is nearly complete. All we need now is Cletus (aka suzie). lol!

There is also no evidence that Metcalf should be expected to medal at worlds but you are spending a lot of time trying to convince people otherwise. At least with Taylor, he does have a win over Marable. That's A LOT more substantive evidence then some cockamamie theory that Metcalf wears out his winning opponents too much, LOL.

Really? Does Metcalf not have a win over the #1 ranked wrestler in the World? Also, if you improve your reading comprehension you would know I said he could. I never said he should. Should implies his chances are considerably above 50%. I never said, nor hinted at that. I simply said he chances are a lot better than those who think he has little to none.

Although your approach is different, there are still a lot of similarities between you and superold. It is pointless to attempt to have a sensible debate with either of you.

Although your approach is different, there are still a lot of similarities between you and superold. It is pointless to attempt to have a sensible debate with either of you.

I'm not sure why you had to bring me up here. Anyway, I would say that I've gotten the better of our few lengthy exchanges. I believe my positions were fare more consistent with the available data, and reality itself. I believe it's very telling how you didn't choose to make a meaning response to many of my major points. :)

I am sure you would think that. I am also sure you think that in every debate you have had with every person you have debated, EVER! And that is EXACTLY my point. I stop debating with you because I know it is pointless. You will not budge. Because you will not budge does NOT make you right.

I brought you into the mix because you and FT have 1 MAJOR similarity. You focus on your point, repeat it OVER AND OVER AND OVER ad nauseam, and ignore anything meaningful that differs from your belief. Neither of you will concede on any meaningful point no matter how telling the point.

Take the above for what you will. However, I will not allow you to turn this into another one of your endless, cluttering debates. If you want to say you win this short debate by default, feel free. Add another win to your sterling, undefeated forum debate record!

superold ignores many questions. I've asked him several questions in the past that he has ignored. It's also the way he behaves with others such as flabigredfan. Right superold? Am I not right superold?

Who is the better coach, PSU's wrestling secretary or Edinboro's assistant coach Cliff Moore, superold? Huh, superold?

You will not budge. Because you will not budge does NOT make you right.

I haven't budged on my opinions in our past exchanges because I believe my opinion was more consistent with the available data MSU158. I'm not going to budge for the sake of budging. I'd budge if your argument was superior to mine, but it wasn't . You act as if I'm unreasonable for holding onto my stronger position and dismissing your weaker position after examining them both clearly. Nonsense.

I brought you into the mix because you and FT have 1 MAJOR similarity. You focus on your point, repeat it OVER AND OVER AND OVER ad nauseam, and ignore anything meaningful that differs from your belief. Neither of you will concede on any meaningful point no matter how telling the point.

Yet another unfounded assertion MSU158. I don't ignore things that differ from my position. Not at all. I acknowledge everything meaningful that comes my way. Because I'm often times not swayed by points others make, that doesn't mean that I ignore them. And for the record, I do concede when good points are made.

Take the above for what you will. However, I will not allow you to turn this into another one of your endless, cluttering debates.

As evidenced by our past exchanges, I'm guessing you didn't have anything meaningful to say. No disrespect, I'm just going by your track record.

If you want to say you win this short debate by default, feel free.

There's no need to hand me the victory when I've already won MSU.

Add another win to your sterling, undefeated forum debate record!

I already did. :)

superold ignores many questions. I've asked him several questions in the past that he has ignored. It's also the way he behaves with others such as flabigredfan. Right superold? Am I not right superold?

Who is the better coach, PSU's wrestling secretary or Edinboro's assistant coach Cliff Moore, superold? Huh, superold?

Why don't you answer my questions wrestlingnerd? I'm not sure why you expect me to answer your questions when you don't answer mine.

I don't feel that you are being serious now wrestlingnerd. I will now skim your posts and answer/respond to only whatever I feel like answering.

Have a nice day.

Why don't you answer my questions wrestlingnerd? I'm not sure why you expect me to answer your questions when you don't answer mine.

I don't feel that you are being serious now wrestlingnerd. I will now skim your posts and answer/respond to only whatever I feel like answering.

Have a nice day.

Superold, name one question of yours i haven't answered, superold. I will answer right now, superold! I have never avoided your questions, superold, but you continually avoid mine, superold. Why won't you answer my questions superold when I answer all of yours superold?

I am sure you would think that. I am also sure you think that in every debate you have had with every person you have debated, EVER! And that is EXACTLY my point. I stop debating with you because I know it is pointless. You will not budge. Because you will not budge does NOT make you right.

Take the above for what you will. However, I will not allow you to turn this into another one of your endless, cluttering debates. If you want to say you win this short debate by default, feel free. Add another win to your sterling, undefeated forum debate record!

MSU, don't you know superold is much like beatlejuice. You have to be careful not to say his name or he appears. No that I mind, actually enjoy the way he plays some of you guys. Superold, congrats on another intellectual victory over MSU but be careful, you might be worn out and lose the next one if it's too soon :D

Cletus, I'm not sure overwhelming is strong enough. More like It would take a ripple in the time/space continuum for Taylor to lose at 70kg.